Marathon Plus meets its match

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

caesar

Sudden rear (fortunately) tyre deflation yesterday while riding my Brompton on Dorking High Street. Very unusual to puncture these tyres so was intrigued as to what might have caused it. Was a little shocked to see this:

34nfifk.jpg

And after backtracking a little way, I found the likely culprit:

30xbmn8.jpg

I'm sure it was dropped accidentally but I will report it to the police in case they have had similar reports. Still to come is the thumb-blistering fun of changing tyres. At least the old one should be easier to get off than usual as it is cut in half from bead to bead!

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Wow, you must have caught it perfectly!

Sudden rear (fortunately) tyre deflation yesterday while riding my Brompton on Dorking High Street. Very unusual to puncture these tyres so was intrigued as to what might have caused it. Was a little shocked to see this:

34nfifk.jpg

30xbmn8.jpg

I'm sure it was dropped accidentally but I will report it to the police in case they have had similar reports. Still to come is the thumb-blistering fun of changing tyres. At least the old one should be easier to get off than usual as it is cut in half from bead to bead!

that looks nasty, were you riding on paving slab type path or tarmac? would have thought that if it was flat on the ground, surely the tyre would have gone straight over with no issues.

OP
OP
C

caesar

Tarmac road. It was lying flat when I found it, I guess the front wheel kicked it up perfectly!

Sara_H

Guru

34nfifk.jpg

30xbmn8.jpg

Blimey!

I did have a puncture in my marathon plus once, it was a MAHOOSIVE thorn. I also have slime inner tubes so was saved from a repair!
Dont think a slime tube would have saved you though!

OP
OP
C

caesar

It made a noise but didn't sound like a puncture. I felt myself drop a couple of inches and initially thought something had gone wrong with the frame pivots.

Top Bottom