Marin bear valley cro-mo 1993

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
The original spokes on my rims are bad but the rims are perfect. I wonder how much it would cost to get them re-built with new spikes? Probably cheaper to buy another set.

Gillstay

Über Member
The original spokes on my rims are bad but the rims are perfect. I wonder how much it would cost to get them re-built with new spikes? Probably cheaper to buy another set.

If your hubs are good then its worth while as spokes are not that expensive. It also depends on the make you buy.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
£18 a wheel is very very cheap, depending on where you are I'd suggest £35-50 per wheel for labour. Spokes about 65 pence each for plain gauge. I assume rims and hubs fine.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
bloody hell. and when you say "pre covid" you mean you were charged this in 2019/ 2020, not 1985 which was also technically pre covid?

Yes around 2019 with galvanized spokes, it was cheaper for me to send bikes to them than do it myself on most jobs

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I may as well buy those MTB wheels on sale at Merlin. The originals should be restored though really.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I may as well buy those MTB wheels on sale at Merlin. The originals should be restored though really.

sort of depend on whether they were decent hubs i the first place. I had some old wheels rebuilt, new rims and spokes on some old maiilard hubs and I also have some lovely shimano 600 hub wheels which will get same treatment at some point. I might use @biggs682's wheel builder though its probably worth the petrol to N'ton...... :laugh:

Top Bottom