England : Leicestershire Market Bosworth Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Sunday Sept 4th
Starting this thread before I disappear on my hols and to be quite frank the plans are still in the planning stage but I thought I'd give people plenty of notice .
Rough plan meet at Market Bosworth( probably car park in the park) ride in an anti clockwise direction to cafe stop at Twycross distance 20 to 25 miles . Eat cake then continue circling back to Market Bosworth total distance 30 to 35 miles . If the south Derbyshire riders want to turn for home after coffee stop that's fine .
Routes are subject to change but the date is set and probably cafe stop aswell .
Looking forward to meeting up and you will have to put up with my haphazard organising

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yes please , wife permitting :smile:
It will be nice to meet you all.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Been out this morning on a bit of a reccee
Start point will be car park at Bosworth country park on the road called the park just a bit further out of Market Bosworth then Bosworth halll hotel .
Pay and display car park if anyone wants to drive to the start and toilets facilities
For those of you who follow me on strava the first part from Bosworth to Sheepy Parva will probably be the route on the day missing out the wrong turn to the A5 :eek:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
For those of you who follow me on strava the first part from Bosworth to Sheepy Parva will probably be the route on the day

I`ll try it out on Sunday :thumbsup:

Sure , riding over i assume ?

That`s the plan :bicycle:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I like to throw a few obstacles in on my rides so watch the cattle grid leaving Bosworth :whistle:.
The idea I have is to turn left in Ratcliffe Culey and out to Warton back to Orton then Austrey , Appleby Magna then Twycross Feel free to comment or suggest alternative as although I have an idea I don't cycle the routes that often

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I`ll try it out on Sunday :thumbsup:

Well.... I seem to have got your route a bit wrong :blush:, but I get the gist of it.

I like to throw a few obstacles in on my rides so watch the cattle grid leaving Bosworth :whistle:.
The idea I have is to turn left in Ratcliffe Culey and out to Warton back to Orton then Austrey , Appleby Magna then Twycross Feel free to comment or suggest alternative as although I have an idea I don't cycle the routes that often

If you`re thinking of doing Warton, Orton, Austrey, Appleby Magna and Twycross, can I suggest that we do your route from Bosworth to Ratcliffe Culey, but then go through Sheppy Magna up to Twycross and turn off just past the zoo for Orton on the Hill. The Orton on the Hill road from the zoo turn off is a cracking ride with some very nice views :okay: . From Orton to Warton to Austrey to Appleby Magna to Snarestone and back up to Twycross. It`s a 10km ride back to Bosworth Park from Twycross for you guys btw.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Been out this m.orning on a bit of a reccee
Start point will be car park at Bosworth country park on the road called the park just a bit further out of Market Bosworth then Bosworth halll hotel .
Pay and display car park if anyone wants to drive to the start and toilets facilities
For those of you who follow me on strava the first part from Bosworth to Sheepy Parva will probably be the route on the day missing out the wrong turn to the A5 :eek:
What's your Strava name so I can see the route you have in mind

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Been out today for another reccee amazingly bumped into @Lilliburlero at the start point
Version one of route on strava might be a few tweaks need another 5 miles to get a metric century for me without adding miles on the return from Bosworth . Cafe stop checked out and passes my cafe test :okay: cakes might not be to nice pies standards but very cycle friendly offered to fill bottle which was nice just hope it's not so windy on the day . Any suggestions or comments on route more than welcome . Month today :hyper:

Last edited:
Top Bottom