England : Leicestershire Market Bosworth ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Not much there , a hill if you enjoy that sort of thing .
It's all to do with veloviewer explorer squares ! Were you try to ride as many squares as possible and @Supersuperleeds hasn't riden that one yet

Thinking about that bit of the A444 is not really suitable for a forum ride . But me and you could ride back to Overseal with the others then go and bag the square
Wise choice Phil, I cringe when I see cyclists on that stretch as its narrow and twisty. There is a bridleway that comes in from Chilcote and as I need that square, that will probably be how I do it.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Me too. Shall we meet up in Overseal at the same place as last time Carl? Time to be decided when we know the start time at bozzie.

Yes Graham :thumbsup:

Wise choice Phil, I cringe when I see cyclists on that stretch as its narrow and twisty. There is a bridleway that comes in from Chilcote and as I need that square, that will probably be how I do it.

It really is a bad stretch of road and notorious for accidents. I`v done it just the one time and will never do it again.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23730667
Heres the planned route if the link works ,34 miles 1900 ft no big hills . We are heading East from Bosworth through Newton Burgoland . @guitarpete247 you can meet us at the Belper arms car park if you wish . @Lilliburlero ,@graham bowers ,@cyberknight you could do the same it's up to you
I have planned a route with a short cut to the cafe cutting about 4 miles off if anyone is feeling they had enough .
Planned start time is meet at Bosworth country park at 0900 be riding by 0910 be at Newton Burgoland 15/20 mins later .
Will confirm times in the week before but probably won't change .
There is car parking at the park if any drives to the start I think £4 a day

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23730667
Heres the planned route if the link works ,34 miles 1900 ft no big hills . We are heading East from Bosworth through Newton Burgoland . @guitarpete247 you can meet us at the Belper arms car park if you wish . @Lilliburlero ,@graham bowers ,@cyberknight you could do the same it's up to you
I have planned a route with a short cut to the cafe cutting about 4 miles off if anyone is feeling they had enough .
Planned start time is meet at Bosworth country park at 0900 be riding by 0910 be at Newton Burgoland 15/20 mins later .
Will confirm times in the week before but probably won't change .
There is car parking at the park if any drives to the start I think £4 a day

I`ll be meeting up with you at bozzy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Forgot to mention planned cafe stop is Sutton Wharf at about 30 miles . Investigating another at a garden centre at about 25 my try before deciding

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
If you let me know the garden centre I am off the few days before the ride and might be able to go check it out
I don't know the name and can't find it on the internet but I believe there is one of Barns end rd between Pinwall and Warton . I may ride that way myself but hour out that way have a look or perhaps some of the locals know ?

Top Bottom