England : Leicestershire Market Bosworth ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know the name and can't find it on the internet but I believe there is one of Barns end rd between Pinwall and Warton . I may ride that way myself but hour out that way have a look or perhaps some of the locals know ?
This one??

smithy.png

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Thanks @graham bowers that's the one I was thinking about . May try it at the weekend

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
1 week and 1 day alert !
Been out and test rode the route today . Lovely route , quite rolling start for the first 5 miles then gentle rolling for the rest of the ride no big hills but saved Ambion hill for near the end longish drag with a steep bit at the end .
Cafe stop will be the Smithy farm shop at about 18 miles in tried it today and it passed my test .
I did it in around 2.5 hours including stop I think the forum ride will be 3 hours but may be longer it will be a steady ride
So who's in
Definitely @13 rider ,@Supersuperleeds ,@Lilliburlero
Almost certain @tallliman ,@graham bowers
Probables ,@dave r ,@cyberknight ,@Hugh Manatee ,@guitarpete247 ,@I like Skol
Anyone else welcome . Looking forward to it weather looking ok fingers crossed

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Unfortunately you will have to count me out on this one :sad:

Just been told by THE BOSS in no uncertain terms that I WILL be home on that day. Kids get back from a week away on Saturday and we are all off again early on Monday so I have to help get things ready.

A shame because I thought it sounded like a good, easy ride to introduce my two boys to forum rides.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Unfortunately you will have to count me out on this one :sad:

Just been told by THE BOSS in no uncertain terms that I WILL be home on that day. Kids get back from a week away on Saturday and we are all off again early on Monday so I have to help get things ready.

A shame because I thought it sounded like a good, easy ride to introduce my two boys to forum rides.
Shame but we have to as were told sometimes :okay:. Keep an eye out for future rides I trying to do 1 every couple of months in and around Leicester

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1 week and 1 day alert !
Been out and test rode the route today . Lovely route , quite rolling start for the first 5 miles then gentle rolling for the rest of the ride no big hills but saved Ambion hill for near the end longish drag with a steep bit at the end .
Cafe stop will be the Smithy farm shop at about 18 miles in tried it today and it passed my test .
I did it in around 2.5 hours including stop I think the forum ride will be 3 hours but may be longer it will be a steady ride
So who's in
Definitely @13 rider ,@Supersuperleeds ,@Lilliburlero
Almost certain @tallliman ,@graham bowers
Probables ,@dave r ,@cyberknight ,@Hugh Manatee ,@guitarpete247 ,@I like Skol
Anyone else welcome . Looking forward to it weather looking ok fingers crossed
All things are go atm , i will be fat lad at the back as i have just had 2 weeks off the bike with a week of ice cream and chips

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I will try! I haven't been on a bike for a month apart from a short ride back from the garage. I had hoped to put this right this week but found out late last week that I have to spend all week at a very large construction project doing stupid long hours. Combine the lack of sleep with hotel pub food for a week and if I make it, I'll definitely be the one at the back.

I will see how the week goes.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Hi peeps , there is a possibility that my sister will meet us post ride and provide coffee and cake for a small fee £2 if anyone interested . This will be addition to the cafe stop .
Plan is meet Bosworth at 0900 leave by 10 past cycle 18 miles to cafe for a bacon cob . Then back to Bosworth another 15 miles .
So the undecided @Hugh Manatee , @guitarpete247 ,@dave r ,@cyberknight is that enough to tempt you
Looking forward to it now

Top Bottom