Marketing genius...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
selby1.jpg

Selby District Council announcement

Steve should be a Mad Man!

Did he win by picking the name "Selby Leisure Centre" or did he win the right to name it whatever he wanted?

If the latter, he could have really taken the mick. I'd love to name a leisure centre "Fred" for instance :smile:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Back in the mists of time 2 brothers I knew won the competition to name the new leisure cenrte in Ellesmere Port that was added onto the existing swimming baths. Their mum came up with Ellesmere Port Indoor Centre.... EPIC.
They got to meet Bobby Chartlon at the opening ceremony. They told me that Bobby had a few tears. He must be a very sweet, emotional man.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I did hear a story that the Ford motor company had a focus group to come up with names for their new cars. When consecutive new models were named the "focus" and the "Ka" it was felt that they weren't really putting the effort in.
But it's not really about effort is it. I understand that when they were putting together the music for the Smash aliens advert, probably the most successful ad of all time, the composer came in and played just three notes as a suggestion for Mash means Smash. The Ad guys said that's it!

Cheddar George

oober member
But it's not really about effort is it. I understand that when they were putting together the music for the Smash aliens advert, probably the most successful ad of all time, the composer came in and played just three notes as a suggestion for Mash means Smash. The Ad guys said that's it!
I saw an interview with the guy who wrote that, it was hilarious, he wanted another couple of days to come up with a range of jingles but they wouldn't have any of it.

Top Bottom