Marks on clear coating after removing stickers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaijin

Regular
I've removed the stickers on the bike which was custom painted and clear coat applied on stickers. Now I have marks left where the stickers were. They are relatively unnoticable , but can be seen on the closer inspection or on the sun (glossy clear coat, matt paint).

So is there a way to fix it? or at least somehow apply a new clear coat on the top?

Peteaud

Veteran
polish it out.

But you have to be very careful.

screenman

Legendary Member
Depends of course on if there was laquer on before the stickers were applied and then another layer put on top. If not you have a problem as base coats are matt in appearance before the laquer is applied, any abrasive used will quickly destroy the base coat.

To check just use a white cloth and you horrible smelly Tcut and rub gently, if some colour appears on the cloth you have no laquer on that spot.

OP
OP
Gaijin

Gaijin

Regular
thanks for the advice... Will try T-cut method. the marks are quite deep a few layers of coating perhaps.

Peteaud

Veteran
Tcut is very coarse, you want some very fine polishing compound.

If you have a local bodyshop or car detailer near you they might be able to let you have a blob.

Megs do a few compounds that i have used on the car with an orbital, but on a bike a bit of elbow grease will do as the topcoat is going to be very thin.

OP
OP
Gaijin

Gaijin

Regular
I havent done anything so far, but I've made a few photos.
7167425833_a058903907_b.jpg

7167427939_b424e6f688_b.jpg

Top Bottom