Marmite peanut butter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Are you sure this isn't an April Fool?

There was one with Flora & Marmite doing the rounds on the Book of Faces a few years ago...
I'm sure I've had dry roasted peanuts seasoned with something very reminiscent of Marmite.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Apparently due to be launched in UK next week.

Removing a process stage from cheese on peanut butter on marmite on toast has to be a good thing.

Yes?

heresy.jpg

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
They do nuts, rice cakes and crisps flavoured with marmite.

I am not allowed to buy the rice cakes. They never make it home... :blush:

Mmmm... mmarmite coated cashews...
Rarely make the journey home, not neither.

They would be good touring snack, in theory, except they all get scoffed on day one. :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
Brexit will be nothing compared to the divisions this will cause in our society.
That'll be just the start.
images-10.jpg

e650b650cb6ac1ee05ea9549e19b6b15.jpg

images-9.jpg

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Sounds good - one of my favourite snacks is marmite and peanut butter on toast. Will only have to open 1 jar now :smile:

Wow! Think of the acres of spare time you ll accrue, now :rolleyes:

Marmite, on the toast, under scrambled egg.:smile::smile::smile::smile:

I nearly got chucked out of a cafe for requesting that in the very Far North.

From their reaction, you'd have thought I'd requested their first born be spatchcocked, and served on a bed of spinach.

I like marmite, and I like peanut butter, just not together.

I prefer to combine peanut butter either with plum jam (home made) or chocolate spread.

Cooked spaghetti, a lump of butter, a tablespoon of the cooking water and a generous dollop of marmite. Nom. :hungry: (This is one of Nigella's kitchen hacks...)

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I like Marmite (who would have guessed?), and like it a lot. However strangely I've only enjoyed it by itself on toast with butter/margarine with no cheese, peanut butter, etc. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter (though do love peanuts) and probably only have it once a year if that, and that's only if we are too low on groceries. Marmite? Errr..ummm... daily.

So it's a thumbs down from me. Actually pretty much anything to do with peanut butter is a thumbs down from me (peanut butter and chocolate? No, no, no NO! Walk away! It's just wrong! Over here that's a big thing, but it's just beyond the pail for me).

Last edited:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Cooked spaghetti, a lump of butter, a tablespoon of the cooking water and a generous dollop of marmite. Nom. :hungry: (This is one of Nigella's kitchen hacks...)
I'll bet that's nice with Bovril instead of Marmite too.

On my breakfast toast I like Marmite and Bovril, so I alternate. For a change I sometimes have peanut butter but I've never tried combining them. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? ;)

iandg

Legendary Member
Wow! Think of the acres of spare time you ll accrue, now :rolleyes:

Marmite, on the toast, under scrambled egg.:smile::smile::smile::smile:

I nearly got chucked out of a cafe for requesting that in the very Far North.

From their reaction, you'd have thought I'd requested their first born be spatchcocked, and served on a bed of spinach.
Toast, marmite and scrambled egg is my regular breakfast

Top Bottom