Marshalling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Invariably marshalling seems to mostly involve giving directions to drivers. They love stopping on roundabouts to ask how to get somewhere. That's about 50% of the job, about 25% is answering questions from passersby.

PK99

Legendary Member
Can't be many of those about, is that the Antelope RT one?

no, Club is Clarencourt, based in Cheam and the TT runs out at Alfold. Onr of the very few 4 up tts remaining

I've Marshalled loads of times for my old club but as of yet I'm still to do it for my current club, have offered but the race was cancelled (snow).
Invariably marshalling seems to mostly involve giving directions to drivers. They love stopping on roundabouts to ask how to get somewhere. That's about 50% of the job, about 25% is answering questions from passersby.
OT the funniest one I've had (not Marshalling at the time) was when a driver stopped on the rbt to ask where Dublin Airport was, this was at the internal airport rbt and if they'd just looked the main large building directly in front of them was the 'Terminal'; I suppose it didn't say 'Airport' :rolleyes:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
must admit never marshalled on cycling events but use to do a fair bit in the late 70's early 80's on car road rallys etc etc, normally meant standing in the middle of nowhere in the early hours of the morn freezing our bits of , but we all enjoyed doing our bit

Top Bottom