Martlets Friday Night Ride to the Coast 3rd September

Discussion in 'Charity Rides and Cycling Events' started by dellzeqq, 14 May 2010.

1. dellzeqq

dellzeqq pre-talced and mighty

Slide1-3.jpg Slide2-3.jpg

on line registration will be up and running in a couple of weeks. I just thought you might like to know

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

In the diary...

3. rusky

rusky CC Addict

I'm tempted by this one as my mum spent her last weeks there. The staff are excellent.

4. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

If I wasn't doing the Legion's London to Paris ride that same weekend (donations gratefully accepted, hint hint), I'd definitely have done this....March was brilliant, have to wait for the next one.

5. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

300! Does it really say 300? Are they getting a road closure enforced for the Beacon?

Starting from sloane square, well that's ruined it for me.

Bur seriously.... see you there.

on a vay serious note there is a typo in the main text, the email address on the leaflet, it says fnrttc@yahoo and that ain't gonna work as any fule kno.

6. It's the lure of 'rugged types' like you Greg. Yes - a typo I agree - probably a 4, not a 3 before the 00. :smile:

I had a 'coolish' breakfast last time. So many riders this time would be worth missing it entirely!

7. OP
    OP
    dellzeqq

the e-mail address will be changed to a martlets address when their system is set up...

8. OP
    OP
    dellzeqq

9. GrumpyGregry

happy to ride (obviously), happy to invite all and sundry (obviously), but I've done my sponsorship bit for them this year.

How else may one by of service to the cause on the night?

10. OP
    OP
    dellzeqq

well................we could do with a helping hand at a couple of marshalling points - actually more than a couple. If you fancy hanging around outside the public toilets in Reigate for a couple of hours, the spot is yours for the taking! You'd get picked up by the sag wagon, and maybe go on to the Ditchling Beacon in one of the cars to help and encourage folk there.

Strange to say I was going to twist the arms of the local CTC groups, including the Horsham and Crawley mob to do a bit of marshalling.

If we have 20 marshalls we'll be very, very happy. If we only have six we'll be content with that. The key locations are
    Clapham Common (we may have to change the route here, and go via Clapham Common tube station)
    Tooting Broadway
    Amen Corner
    Mitcham
    Mitcham Common
    Coulsdon
    top of Reigate Hill
    Reigate
    north end of Lonesome Lane
    Meath
    Haroldslea
    Traffic lights at the A2037
    right turn up Effingham Lane
    Lindfield
    A272 crossing
    Ditchling Common
    top of Ditchling Beacon
    crossing the 'old' A27

11. GrumpyGregry

[raises hand]I'll happily marshall but the sag wagon? [/raises hand]

Shame on you for even suggesting it! I'm capable of playing catch up on two wheels and making my own way south ta :biggrin:

No, but seriously, use me as you wish/see fit. I'm good at standing around doing very little and this can be combined with impersonating a member of the Horsham and Crawley CTC. It needn't be in close proximity to a public convenience but if it's a case of "It's a dirty job and someone got to do it...." well, hell yeah, why not? Tell me where to go and what you want done whilst I'm there and I promise to smile and be nice and welcoming and everything.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice