Martlets Friday Night Ride to the Coast 3rd September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Slide1-3.jpg
Slide2-3.jpg

on line registration will be up and running in a couple of weeks. I just thought you might like to know

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In the diary...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
If I wasn't doing the Legion's London to Paris ride that same weekend (donations gratefully accepted, hint hint), I'd definitely have done this....March was brilliant, have to wait for the next one.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
300! Does it really say 300? Are they getting a road closure enforced for the Beacon?

Starting from sloane square, well that's ruined it for me.

Bur seriously.... see you there.

on a vay serious note there is a typo in the main text, the email address on the leaflet, it says fnrttc@yahoo and that ain't gonna work as any fule kno.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the e-mail address will be changed to a martlets address when their system is set up...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
happy to ride (obviously), happy to invite all and sundry (obviously), but I've done my sponsorship bit for them this year.

How else may one by of service to the cause on the night?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well................we could do with a helping hand at a couple of marshalling points - actually more than a couple. If you fancy hanging around outside the public toilets in Reigate for a couple of hours, the spot is yours for the taking! You'd get picked up by the sag wagon, and maybe go on to the Ditchling Beacon in one of the cars to help and encourage folk there.

Strange to say I was going to twist the arms of the local CTC groups, including the Horsham and Crawley mob to do a bit of marshalling.

If we have 20 marshalls we'll be very, very happy. If we only have six we'll be content with that. The key locations are
Clapham Common (we may have to change the route here, and go via Clapham Common tube station)
Tooting Broadway
Amen Corner
Mitcham
Mitcham Common
Coulsdon
top of Reigate Hill
Reigate
north end of Lonesome Lane
Meath
Haroldslea
Traffic lights at the A2037
right turn up Effingham Lane
Lindfield
A272 crossing
Ditchling Common
top of Ditchling Beacon
crossing the 'old' A27

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[raises hand]I'll happily marshall but the sag wagon? [/raises hand]

Shame on you for even suggesting it! I'm capable of playing catch up on two wheels and making my own way south ta :biggrin:

No, but seriously, use me as you wish/see fit. I'm good at standing around doing very little and this can be combined with impersonating a member of the Horsham and Crawley CTC. It needn't be in close proximity to a public convenience but if it's a case of "It's a dirty job and someone got to do it...." well, hell yeah, why not? Tell me where to go and what you want done whilst I'm there and I promise to smile and be nice and welcoming and everything.....

Top Bottom