Mary Townley Loop between 19-6-10 to 4-6-10

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by Rohloff_Brompton_Rider, 17 Apr 2010.

1. Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider Formerly just_fixed

i've got my annual leave between 19th june and 4th july. i fancy doing the MTL between those dates. anyone fancy coming along. i'm flexible where i can start between hebden bridge and cowpe. clockwise and i'm aiming to beat 8 hours (tho not racing).

2. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I've already PMd you about it but I'll repeat it here - I'm only free the first weekend in July but don't pick that date for me because I may not be fit enough to get anywhere close to 8 hours. If you happen to choose that weekend and I'm a lot fitter than I am at the moment then I'll come along with you. If I'd be struggling, then I wouldn't.

Whatever date you choose - have a good ride!

3. OP
    OP
    Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider Formerly just_fixed

as i said in my pm, the sub 8 is not important. i would go at the slowest persons pace. only fair, plenty of people have done it for me. anyone is welcome. it is a classic and has to be done at some point in a mtbers life.

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

First time I did it was on a full rigid. It took me about 2 weeks to recover!

5. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

If the date suits and you are happy to wait for me, I'm in! I know all the shortcuts home if I decide that I've had enough before the end.

6. RedBike

RedBike New Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice