Masi Speciale Randonneur, any knowledge pointers appreciated possible sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

airborneal

Hi guys, got this lovely bike, long story how I came to get it but it isn't the right size and so will probably sell. An elderly gentlemen had it before [he passed away] his son told me he brought it back from New Zealand after a holiday !
Anyone know much about these bikes, I know they are a classic brand but details about possible value is hard to find, especially this model.

It's steel and although a few years old [approx 5 or 6] it hasn't really been ridden, so is in great condition.
size is 53cm. It has bar end shifters

Just looking for some guidance really including where best place is to sell.

Many thanks in advance, even if not fruitful it's a nice bike just to look at more pics if needed
DSCI0192.JPG
DSCI0198.JPG
DSCI0199.JPG
DSCI0201.JPG
DSCI0212.JPG
DSCI0213.JPG

Cheers, alan

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's a lovely bike Alan. Although the name is Italian and they produced there they went to US in the seventies and started production there. They then sold the brand to a US businessman. They returned to Italy and made bikes there but couldn't sell them in the US due to a rights agreement with the new owner. I don't know where your model was might have been made but may have been Milan as stated on the head badge. The name is now owned by Haro bikes famous for BMX. The current range are mostly budge types so likely yours is not from US. Lots of pics on pinterest:

View: https://www.pinterest.com/asiasail/masi-bikes/

It will certainly be sought after. Have a look on eBay for an idea on price, north of five hundred pounds I'd have thought. Its quite a small frame size so that might limit its appeal. You could advertise it on here of course.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Last edited:
OP
OP
airborneal

airborneal

Thanks Cycleops & Spiderweb and the rest of the input., Biggs682, Roadrash & midlife
Yes I think it was a 2009 model but hasn't actually ridden.

All very helpful and very informative ,it's strange I googled it the other day and didn't find much, googled again today and found more info.

I must admit it is a lovely looking bike but not quite big enough for me, I was hoping. Spoke to the guy [who's fathers bike it was and he said his father never rode it and condition seems to confirm that.

It looks like they sell a similar one now with 650 wheels but not such a nice colour scheme.

Thanks again guys for taking the time to help, much appreciated, I obviously would like a decent price [naturally lol] but would also like it to go to a good home, so if anyone knows of a potential buyer let me know, I live on the East Coast of Essex [Harwich]

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Thanks Cycleops & Spiderweb and the rest of the input., Biggs682, Roadrash & midlife
Yes I think it was a 2009 model but hasn't actually ridden.

All very helpful and very informative ,it's strange I googled it the other day and didn't find much, googled again today and found more info.

I must admit it is a lovely looking bike but not quite big enough for me, I was hoping. Spoke to the guy [who's fathers bike it was and he said his father never rode it and condition seems to confirm that.

It looks like they sell a similar one now with 650 wheels but not such a nice colour scheme.

Thanks again guys for taking the time to help, much appreciated, I obviously would like a decent price [naturally lol] but would also like it to go to a good home, so if anyone knows of a potential buyer let me know, I live on the East Coast of Essex [Harwich]
Post an advert in the classified section on here, put the price you want, if you have no takers then there’s no shame in reducing the price.
If you are able to pack, box and post then that will help the sale, a buyer could even arrange their own courier to pick up.
Post lots of info, photos (including close ups). It is a lovely looking bike, good luck with it.

OP
OP
airborneal

airborneal

mrs roadrash stood behind me when I was looking at it, unfortunately it seems I don't need another bike, I said it depends on the interpretation of "need", , I expect the bruising will fade overnight, good luck with the sale , im sure it wont hang around long

Nice one roadrash, been there mate got the t shirt

Top Bottom