Mask eye covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For reasons far to boring to go into here, I've found myself making a mask for someone because apparently making models means I can. Or something.

Not wanting to shatter anyone's illusions about my ability I'm giving it a go, but I'm a bit stumped with eye holes. They need to be big enough to provide a reasonable field of vision because apparently falling over props and furniture on stage is considered distracting, but that means the hole could be visible to an audience.

I'd like to cover the hole with either a black plastic sheet, similar to an old OHP sheet, or a fine mesh so the wearer can see through the mask without it being too obvious, but google has come up a blank. Is there such a material available, and what could it be called (in English or German...)?

Any thoughts welcome...

Black female stocking (or tights!)

Good point. Certainly worth a try, but I think it may need to be a tad thicker. Also, I need to wither buy some tights or find someone who won't be offended if I ask for some...

classic33

Leg End Member
For reasons far to boring to go into here, I've found myself making a mask for someone because apparently making models means I can. Or something.

Not wanting to shatter anyone's illusions about my ability I'm giving it a go, but I'm a bit stumped with eye holes. They need to be big enough to provide a reasonable field of vision because apparently falling over props and furniture on stage is considered distracting, but that means the hole could be visible to an audience.

I'd like to cover the hole with either a black plastic sheet, similar to an old OHP sheet, or a fine mesh so the wearer can see through the mask without it being too obvious, but google has come up a blank. Is there such a material available, and what could it be called (in English or German...)?

Any thoughts welcome...
You mean something like this?
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/267597727/black-mesh-fabric-mask-eye-covers

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Good point. Certainly worth a try, but I think it may need to be a tad thicker. Also, I need to wither buy some tights or find someone who won't be offended if I ask for some...

"Eh up love, give us yer pop socks and i'll buy you a drink...."

Any regular "nylons" will be thick enough to stop any audience seeing the eyes. also come in a range of colours.

I'd probably ask around the cast members of the theatre group - more likely to understand why you are asking thus less likely to slap you for being some foot fetish perv!

I was thinking tea strainers when I posted last night, as I've got loads cluttering up one of my kitchen drawers. (I do drink a lot of leaf tea)

But how easy they'd be to come by in Germany, which is more coffee-centric, I have no idea.

Top Bottom