Mason Revolution.....How did that happen ??!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Looks good. I spent an age looking at the Mason website yesterday. Looks like a good alternative to the Genesis Equilibrium and CdF thats in my fleet at present. It'll be interesting to see what the weight is.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Looks good. I spent an age looking at the Mason website yesterday. Looks like a good alternative to the Genesis Equilibrium and CdF thats in my fleet at present. It'll be interesting to see what the weight is.
9.2kg If I remember right

OP
OP
T

Tripster

FC3F91B3-610A-41E3-9D88-1FE9F5F518FB.jpeg

All done. Hope Santa brings some pedals and new shoes !

jungle jooce

A bit late to the party but I can offer a bit of insight on the Resolution 2.

I've had mine almost a year, and took the the steel frame over anything carbon as I wanted durability and comfort as the priority (49 this year...)
Not trying to blow smoke up Masons butt...but what you've read in the reviews are pretty much spot on. This bike does just want you to ride further, and brings a smile to your face.

I'm located in Singapore and have ridden it through frequent tropical downpours, and where my fellow bikers on carbon frames and skinny tires are jousting all over the road to avoid ruts, potholes, poor roadworks, etc...my Resolution just floats over the top in perfect control. I'm running 30mm Schwalbe tubeless tires which help immensely as does the proprietary Mason fork.
The bike is no rocket, but equally it still has enough speed to make it fun. I've ridden 125km around Singapore in a bunch of 4 and the efficiency on the flats is really something else. It just rolls nice.
Climbing is probably it's weak spot, but we have so little elevation here a 52/36 with a 11/28 rarely gets a work out at the low end. The real beauty is in its flexibility. I'm a MTBer at heart and I just like to go off and explore. The Resolution lets me ride road, wander down crappy canal paths and then jump off and blast light gravel without having to worry.

I brought rolling frameset with Hunt x Mason wheels, but in the cockpit I've gone with Ritchey WCS stem and the WCS Ergomax bars (wonderful bars with a minimal rise).Selle Italia Superflow endurance saddle is perfect for long rides for me. About 4 months ago I switched out the wheels for Zipp 303s, which just gave me that bit more responsiveness and rolling speed.

I'd recommended this bike for anyone who appreciates a distinctive ride that just keeps giving back. Gran Fondo magazine assigned it "Best BUY" for superbikes out of a lineup of pretty heavy hitters.
IMG_20210502_211153.jpg
IMG_20210515_183543.jpg
IMG_20210214_154058.jpg

earthwormjim73

I'm very late to this thread, but as the owner of 3 Mason bikes I can vouch for their quality! As I'm now riding exclusively off road I will be selling my Resolution Ultegra di2 in Element grey (size 52). I'll be posting it in the classifieds soon, but thought I would give a heads up in the Mason threads! It will be a bargain at £2,250 ono!!

Attachments

• 20211011_121935.jpg
    20211011_121935.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 43

sonatine

Hi everyone,

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but this is exactly where I am at right now.

I am one click away from the Buy button and torn between Condor Fratello Disc vs. Mason Resolution.
Does anyone have any insights on how the 2 frames compare?
Not really after the riding impression, but more on the frame i.e. how is the build quality? The drop-out, cabling, etc.

Thank you, and really appreciate any help here.
Cheers.

Top Bottom