Mason Revolution.....How did that happen ??!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well how very strange, I was reading this thread

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/titanium-croix-de-fer-enigma-etape-or-mason-resolution.267573/

and had a look at Mason as never heard of them. The more I looked, the more I liked....then I couldnt stop looking at the pictures, colour schemes...Resolution, Bokeh. Bokeh, Resolution. Youtube videos and blogs.... one thing led to another and somehow I cancelled the Trek Emonda order (or shipping from one store to my local which had not actually happened yet as promised) and ended up with a deposit on a Mason Resolution:blush:. They say you have to love the bike and boy I already love it. Thanks to this thread I am genuinely excited.......
The Bokeh is stunning but 3k for Aluminium and I would never use it as its truly intended for off road. Even in Jason Black enduro form I doubt it would see 15% off road and that would be gravel fire tracks so its the beautiful Resolution. I opted for the grey but can swop to blue
0320ED8D-6B5C-446C-8C62-1A1CE49D20E9.jpeg

Attachments

• FEB1D9C2-4E91-426A-BBEC-A71F4B6F6BB2.png
    FEB1D9C2-4E91-426A-BBEC-A71F4B6F6BB2.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Your links don’t work
do you mean the Resolution?
https://masoncycles.cc/shop/categories/resolution-bikes

if so definitely get the blue! :wub:

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Great choice!

I've got a Bokeh. I experimented with flat pedals for a while, but have now gone back to clipless.

View attachment 557696

The customer service from Mason is really great should you ever have any problems.
:becool: So smart looking. I could have gone either way to be honest but I think having read riders blogs the Resolution would cover my type of ‘off road’ riding well enough. The versatility of the Bokeh is brilliant though. I have ordered with Sram Force 1 but thinking for the hills in the lakes I may have to change that to a more suited 105/ultegra build but will see.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
:becool: So smart looking. I could have gone either way to be honest but I think having read riders blogs the Resolution would cover my type of ‘off road’ riding well enough. The versatility of the Bokeh is brilliant though. I have ordered with Sram Force 1 but thinking for the hills in the lakes I may have to change that to a more suited 105/ultegra build but will see.

I've got sram rival with 11-42 cassette, but bought it with off-roading in mind (which is what I used it for initially).

I now mainly ride audax and if I were speccing it again, I'd go for ultegra, but it's very much a personal thing.

(Mason's do attract some attention. I rode an audax last year and twice a rider fell in with me to ask about the bike. Both were Belgians who were considering buying one. I've also been flagged down in the street in Holland by someone who wanted to have a look)

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I've got sram rival with 11-42 cassette, but bought it with off-roading in mind (which is what I used it for initially).

I now mainly ride audax and if I were speccing it again, I'd go for ultegra, but it's very much a personal thing.

(Mason's do attract some attention. I rode an audax last year and twice a rider fell in with me to ask about the bike. Both were Belgians who were considering buying one. I've also been flagged down in the street in Holland by someone who wanted to have a look)

Thats interesting you now use it for Audaxing. It seems to be genuinely capable of anything. I am thinking Ultegra would be better for around here. Not sure grinding up the Lakes passes in winter with a single chain ring would be a lasting relationship 😊

Top Bottom