Mate will soon be back on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As you might have known a fellow cyclist i have known at least 10 years fell about 6 weeks ago on black ice and decided to stop cycling and started to sell his stuff including 2 bikes to @DCLane
I did manage to convince him to keep one bike in case he changed his mind and thankfully he has decided to start again as its in his blood and he cant stand turbo boredom .

Attachments

• IMG-20200830-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200830-WA0001.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 11

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
He kept his 'nice' bike at least, even if it's for occasional rides.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
He kept his 'nice' bike at least, even if it's for occasional rides.
he plans to try and ride this week at some point and hopefully club rides later in the year, i have offered a loan of a winter bike if he needs something with gaurds in the meantime as hes maybe 3 inches taller so could get away with mine as im on the lower limit frame size wise

vickster

Legendary Member
Didnt he break his hip? If so 6 weeks seems very soon to be cycling again? (Or was that someone else?)

AndyRM

XOXO
I would IMAGINE that starting and stopping are a very different deal in the unctrolled environment of a public road.

But it's his choice.

Just a bit, and pesky stuff like steering complicates matters too...

vickster

Legendary Member
Just a bit, and pesky stuff like steering complicates matters too...
And leaning into corners and what not could place pressure on a hip (probably if he fractured it, there'll be soft tissue damage/bruising as well). Different to knees just going up and down, back and forth on a turbo
Oh and not to mention the impact of the weather, notably the wind :okay:

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
And leaning into corners and what not could place pressure on a hip (probably if he fractured it, there'll be soft tissue damage/bruising as well). Different to knees just going up and down, back and forth on a turbo
Oh and not to mention the impact of the weather, notably the wind :okay:
And of course, the possibility of falling again, on a not fully healed joint. Which shouldn't happen on the turbo.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Depends upon the break. I may have got back on my bike OUTSIDE 3.5 months after a bad spinal break. If anyone asks, I didn't ! :whistle:

PS does he want his bikes back ! :wacko:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Hmmmmmm…..does he not stop and start when he walks??? Does he not stop and start on a turbo??? Whats steering with his arms, got to do with hips??? Pretty sure weight bearing while walking would cause him more issues than sitting on a saddle and turning his legs. Leaning into corners, is he track/crit racing or riding a bike, leaning into corners aint needed……..im pretty sure he can make a decision for himself as an adult.

pawl

Legendary Member
I had open heart surgery which requires splitting the sternum to replace a malfunction heart valve I was advised by my consultant not to ride on the road not because I may damage my heart but if i fell the sternum could split open No problem with using the turbo as hard as I liked

Back on the road after eleven weeks

Top Bottom