Mate's charity got flooded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mburton1993

Über Member
A mate of mine works for his family's charity. Last Friday a pipe burst in the centre/office.
387617274_674500191324018_7382944507044325832_n.jpg

396341631_730946092178943_1783575467371335403_n.jpg
It's been closed since, the insurers did an inspection yesterday and estimated the damage at £15-20k.

It's not the charity's building they have a landlord and the insurer will likely be talking with the landlord today.

The insurance will probably come through and repairs will eventually start, but that could take awhile.

So in the meantime what else should be done?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Oh what a shame let's hope the landlords insurance covers it .
Just get a full list of damage and values

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
Will they be able to continue working while their premises are closed? Do they need publicity to encourage someone to provide office space temporarily?

Some administrative jobs could be done from home but the premises is also a drop in centre and activity centre, those can't be done for the foreseeable.

I'll check and see what their plans are concerning temporary space.

Their charity is The Anthony Seddon Fund located in Ashton Under-lyne.

Jameshow

Veteran
No one else in the CV sector able to help them? Churches community centres etc. We helped a local coach firm in our last major floods. The helped us subsequently with coach hire.

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
No one else in the CV sector able to help them? Churches community centres etc. We helped a local coach firm in our last major floods. The helped us subsequently with coach hire.

He hasn't mentioned help yet, I think they were getting an idea of the repairs timescale first, the website says they're closed till 1st November but it's still closed now. There is a few places really close by that might be willing to help, so I'll see what his plans are.

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
They reckon they can open the first floor so can atleast be open for drop ins and such, but the offices and the rooms they have for group activities on the second floor are too badly damaged.

Top Bottom