Matt kitchen cleaning solutions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I almost have buyers regret on my Howdens kitchen. The Matt cupboards are easily covered in grease marks then it’s ultra hard to wipe off. Should I try my mucoff Matt cleaner? Should I boil water and put lemon in? Would car Polish work?
Any good ideas?

Mrs M

Guru
I use this, maybe not intended for Matt kitchen cupboards but they’ve not disintegrated yet! 😀

Attachments

• IMG_3440.jpeg
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 13

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Isopropanol is a good degreaser - great for doing smear-free windows if you use a couple of cloths. Water it down to around 60-70% and it become a great anti-bacterial too. I buy it in relative bulk for use as a general cleaner as it's great on many things - laptop screens, electrical components.. I keep some in a little squeezy bottle and some watered-down in a spray bottle.

Generally you probably don't want potentially mark-prone surfaces to be completely dry however, as this will promote the accumulation / obviousness of future marks. Perhaps try going over it with some boiled linseed oil (making sure to vigerously buff off the excess) - this can be a good way of sealing hard plastic surfaces like car bumpers etc.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Used washing up liquid and tried out vinegar.
Next I need to find a sealer so they’re easier to wipe down.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I usually use brake cleaner for anything involving grease or oils. But not sure if it would tarnish the finish on your doors. Is it just finger marks or actual grease from cooking? Maybe see if your extractor needs new/clean filters. I ripped out my old kitchen a few months back and the tops of the units were 1mm thick with grease becasue there previously wasn't an extractoin flue, and both the carbon filters and the washable screen filters were blocked with grease

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I usually use brake cleaner for anything involving grease or oils. But not sure if it would tarnish the finish on your doors. Is it just finger marks or actual grease from cooking? Maybe see if your extractor needs new/clean filters. I ripped out my old kitchen a few months back and the tops of the units were 1mm thick with grease becasue there previously wasn't an extractoin flue, and both the carbon filters and the washable screen filters were blocked with grease

Just finger marks. Extraction is all brand new bora

Top Bottom