Mattesons liver sausage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What happened to it? When did it cease to be. I have a craving for liver sausage, bacon and egg. Does anyone still do it?

And while I'm on dissapearing foods, what happened to the instant croquet potato mix I used to take camping. It was far better than Smash.

Crackle said:
What happened to it? When did it cease to be. I have a craving for liver sausage, bacon and egg. Does anyone still do it?

And while I'm on dissapearing foods, what happened to the instant croquet potato mix I used to take camping. It was far better than Smash.
Mmmmm, Smash. Can I have some with liver and baked beans please?
WHAARRRFF! xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(

Keith Oates

Janner
Crackle said:

Isn't that a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longers

Legendary Member
I have no idea because I really do not be liking him or his voice.

Didn't Branstons invent a story a few years ago pretending they were going to stop manufacturing the stuff and sales shot through the roof? Loads of rumours of it going for silly money on E-bay?

And Salad cream did this as well no?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Abitrary said:
chris evans on radio 2, single handedly this week, ressurected some old pickle

Yim yum was it called?
Pan Yan

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
"Try saying Mattessons without saying Mmmmmmmmm...!"

I do know that the Mattessons Walls brand was acquired (from Unilever) by Kerry Foods in 1994. Liver Sausage was made in Durham.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

simoncc said:
Sainsburys and Tescos sell liver sausage. I love it on thick crusty buttered bread.

That's the spreadable stuff though isn't it, more of a pate. This wasn't spreadable, a bit like German Bratekertoffel (sp), which I am about to live on when I go skiing in Bavaria.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think the croquet potato thing should be potato croquettes.... Dunno about the mix, we used to buy them frozen, haven't seen them for years. Want some now....

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Crackle said:
That's the spreadable stuff though isn't it, more of a pate. This wasn't spreadable, a bit like German Bratekertoffel (sp), which I am about to live on when I go skiing in Bavaria.

I only remember it as spreadable stuff in a condom. I used to have it in sandwiches at school for my packed lunch in the 60's and 70's with tomato and black pepper. Yum yum! (or Pan Yan)

col

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I think the croquet potato thing should be potato croquettes.... Dunno about the mix, we used to buy them frozen, haven't seen them for years. Want some now....

If these are what i think they were,we as kids used to scoop out the potatoe inside, then fill em with what ever we had ir peas,and then eat them.;)

Top Bottom