Matthew Parris times article

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey! Positive action! That's not like cyclists. The last person to post about this just moaned.

Well done for posting the link - have complained.

TI

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Have to say I had oft enjoyed the musings of Mr Parris, but this takes the biscuit. The man's lost the plot, totally. Let's advocate garotting gays with piano-wire and let's see him take umbridge...

Dave5N

Über Member
Fab Foodie said:
Have to say I had oft enjoyed the musings of Mr Parris, but this takes the biscuit. The man's lost the plot, totally. Let's advocate garotting gays with piano-wire and let's see him take umbridge...

Gay people aren't our target. Took Parris years to get dragged out anyway.

Cut out the excuses and garotte Tories. It's the mindset, not the policy.

Dave5N

Über Member
A thought.

If I posted a message on an Islamic website, calling for Matthew Parris to be be beheaded, would that be a crime in law? Would it be wrong?

I only ask because he has just posted a message on the internet encouraging his supporters to behead ME!.

Abitrary

Fab Foodie said:

I remember James Whale used to bang on about his cyclist hatred on his (excellent) radio show, for years, and then it turns he was a keen cyclist all the while.

It seems like cycling has become the slow-news-day tongue in cheek rant

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
For God's sake it's like something out of the Archers!!
Parris is just a twat writing to suit the views of other twats.
A little more insiteful Murdoch filth anyone?
I feel nothing above giving the man a good hard slap.

The bit that worries me most is that it appears he would prefer cyclists to pass him, near silently and at speed, making him soil his drawers, rather than use the compulsory alarm or bell warning of their approach.

What ever floats your boat Mate!

T x

ChrisKH

Guru
The problem is with journo's like him is they can claim double standards. I once complained about an appearance on television by Lynn Foulds-Woods as she had ridiculed and basically made reference to the bowel habits of sufferers of diseases like IBS/IBD and made light of it. Her come back was she had suffered from cancer (don't know if it was bowel) and had done a lot of work for cancer charities. Which is exemplary I'm sure, but it didn't excuse her initial comment.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
This is the first time that I have ever come across an article by Matthew Parris that is anything other than well reasoned and humane. I think that his mistake is that having reasonably identified the disgraceful habit of (probable) roadies throwing their drinks containers and irritatingly hogging the road with their mini pelotons, he then goes on to express some incredibly nasty sentiments which are so far removed from his normal approach as to be barely credible that they came from his pen. He's done himself no favours here at all. Nor of course has he done responsible cyclists any favours either as this is yet another article which will stoke up general prejudices against cycling.

Jaded

Andy in Sig said:
This is the first time that I have ever come across an article by Matthew Parris that is anything other than well reasoned and humane.

That's pretty much what I thought too; I'll look at his articles in a different light now.

Top Bottom