Mattress chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Memory foam mattress... No

A memory top one yes.
I tried to sleep in a full memory mattress at a posh hotel, fook that, you sink into them and can't turn onto your side.. Awful night's sleep, there also very hot.. Again no sleep.

If it's for back trouble.... Maybe but I'd want a good trial

Depends on the mattress - some are too soft.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Depends on the mattress - some are too soft.

Thay may be the case.. The one I tried was soft I guess. They do seem to be heat generation devices which I can't be doing with.

mustang1

Guru
Anyone else notice the explosion of mattress companies over the last couple of years? It's quite easy to sell a mattress, get a slot on night time TV (coz it's cheaper advertising in the twilight hours and if you're awake then it might be because you can't sleep due to your mattress).

So along come these marketing companies with mine back guarantee, knowing full well the statistics show that most people just keep the bed (or whatever product).

I have a heavy duty mattress from Switzerland. It's relatively lightweight and has seen plenty of action.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'd echo what's already been said: pure memory foam is very hot which was a problem for me in the summer. I'd test a few to be honest. Toppers seem to be a best of both worlds (not as hot, but more comfy) but I've not tried one yet.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
If you really want to deep dive and get information. Take a look here - https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/understanding-beds/ More information than you could possibly want. I have a mid-range mattress from these guys and it has been excellent (8 years and counting). I customised and have a firmer side than my wife.
We bought a similar mattress with my side firmer than the wife’s side.
It works really well the only issue is that you can’t turn it without swapping sides.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
We bought a similar mattress with my side firmer than the wife’s side.
It works really well the only issue is that you can’t turn it without swapping sides.
You can if you also flip it end-to-end (metaphorically of course - one actually swivels it)

Slick

Guru
It isn’t double sided. The way it is made prevents it from being flipped.
Ours is the same, although Mrs Slick flipped it anyway and now she prefers it. Saying that, she will probably change her mind by the weekend.

Top Bottom