Mavic Aksium vs Cole Rollen Elite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Portableaj

Which one wheel set do you think is better when it come down to weight there is a obvious answer but otherwise then weight which wheels do u think are better and why if you have any good ideas on which wheelset is better cheaper and lighter than those wheel sets ur welcome to give me a good idea on which wheelset to get

Mavic Aksium http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/wheels/road-wheels/factory-road-wheels/mavic-aksium-s-wts-wheels-pair-2013-inc-tyres.html?utm_campaign=googlebase-GB&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shopping&utm_term=Factory Road Wheels

Cole Rollen Elite http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cole/rollen-elite-700c-clincher-road-wheel-set-ec040075

musa

Über Member
Aksiums really. Then again i know these better than the other you mentioned. They can be had at decathlon for £140 or second hans for 80/90

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

Aksiums really. Then again i know these better than the other you mentioned. They can be had at decathlon for £140 or second hans for 80/90
the ones in decathlon are the 2012 ones are for £20 more i could buy the 2013 version on merlin for 160

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The Cole wheels are running easily available spokes whereas the Mavics are specific to that year of production. The Mavics are tried and tested, I got well over 10,000 miles out of mine before replacing them. I went for Planet X Al30's same spoke count as the Coles 1600gms plus skewers and more aero and only £150 bargain.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Holy Thread resurrection batman :smile: but after riding Cole Rollen Elites for just under 3000 miles these are great wheels, light and quick. I did have but experience with a spoke breaking but since then not a problem and still true with a wee bit tweaking from time to time.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Update to the Cole Rollen Elite wheels, my rear wheel finally gave in over 4000 miles on them but the rim started cracking at the spoke holes, thought it was just one but its more than that. Also noticed tinkling from the rear a few weeks back which now i think was tension going out of the wheel probably due to the initial crack.The failure I reckon was down to me rather than the wheels giving in as i do have a habit of dropping of kerb on my commute. Replaced with Aksium elite`s from merlincycles, I do plan however to maybe get a set of lighter handbuilts for next year. Going to be a bit more careful though with the replacements for now.

Top Bottom