Mavic Allroad Disc wheels - Rattle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
They were bought I believe, so probably an element of restructuring going on behind the scenes. I wouldn't expect to get a wheel back with the same fault, thats pretty shoddy service.

spiderman2

Über Member
Hi there,
I have the same issue with a brand new pair of Mavic Askium disc brake wheels. Everything is tight and true but I have an audible rattle from my front wheel when accellorating. On close inspection at home on the stand none of the spoke are loose however when flicked several of them make a rattle. I suspect that this is either due to under tension of the spokes or due to the design of the wheel. I have been in touch directly with Mavic as they are under warranty and now await their response. I will let you know how I get on. Fingers crossed.
Bought a pair last week had a rattle from first ride,on closer inspection found 1 rear spoke had hardly any tension? rectified by 1 turn of nipple.Also found that when riding out of the saddle the wheel flexes and touches the brake blocks.

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Yup - they came back and confirmed the delay is due to the change in ownership, advised I continue to wait could be weeks...

Hold on and see what happens I guess

thepiman

I know it’s been a while since the OP posted, but just wondered how you got on with Mavic. I’m having the same issue with my rear wheel which is a Mavic Allroad. It’s only noisy when coasting, so it must be the free hub. Googled it and apparently it is quite common with Mavic wheels. Awful design flaw if this horrendous clicking sound is “normal”. Never had this issue with the dozens of bikes I’ve ridden before.

Top Bottom