Mavic Cosmic Elite Rim Wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My recent Van Nic purchase came fitted with a set of Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels. Quite a deep profile, and they look nice enough. They are not light by any stretch, and with a low spoke count I wonder how long they will survive the roads around here.
Anyway, the rear rim had what seemed a fair bit of wear compared to the front. A slightly noticeable concave surface on the rim. With the tyres off I could find no rim wear indicators, and some internet searching suggests not all Mavic wheels have them. In their absence, Mavic recommend no more that a 0.4mm maximum wear 'depth'. Much digging around in the garage and I found my Vernier depth gauge. Worst spot I could find was 0.25mm on the drive side, so looks like I've got a good few thousand miles in them yet:smile:
The down side is that a set of Hunt or DCR wheels is no longer on the shopping list:sad: It would seem a new bathroom is more important....

I could recalibrate my depth mic and send it to you so that the rear has too much wear. New wheels, no new bathroom :smile:

Top Bottom