Mavic Hubs, Any Good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

yenrod said:
Ive seen the occasional worn situation on lorries which is vastly different to a bikes

Yes, I work with printing presses and it's similar. They will last for decades if kept within their parameters, and if they are good quality bearings to begin with, but if you get water into them they'll fail just the same as any other bearing. From what you guys are saying though it seems clear they're well enough sealed on a bike to take it. Mavic hubs it is then :0)

Interesting facts about Shimano there Mickle. I would have thought that Shimano would use lots of outside suppliers to make their products and surely if they wanted to use this type of bearing they'd be able to find 'someone' in Taiwan or wherever who would make them with their name on? I've found Japanese, Chinese bearings to be all right, not as tough as SKF or FAG but pretty ok. Had a bag of Russian bearings recently that wouldn't last the day!

The politics going on behind the scenes is interesting, you forget that large companies are still run by human beings who's personalities come through. I used to be right into Hi-Fi and knew a lot about what went on behind the scenes. A lot of it was pretty unpleasant.

Top Bottom