MaxiClimber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm very sorry to hear that. Are you taking anything for the knee? About ten years ago I had a lot of pain and discomfort in my right knee, but after taking Glucosamine Chondroitin for awhile, my knee got better. I'm back taking it again as I am with a bit of bother again, but not anywhere nears as bad.
I’m having surgery in January to tidy it up. I take pain meds (for inflammatory arthritis), omega 3 cod liver oil, vitamin d

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That is a steep hill for sure. Have you tried riding up it? I would imagine it would be quite a challenge. I doubt I could make it on my bike. maybe walking, but not riding.
Believe it or not, that is on an official national cycle route! :wacko:

Hardly anybody can ride up it. I have never tried but have a vague fantasy of doing it one day before I get too old. I would have to be at top fitness and do it at a time of year when the cobble stones are dry and do not have leaf mulch, mud, or moss on them.

There is an annual race up it, though most falter. This guy has a good go at it but doesn't quite manage it...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, good point. The weather can play an issue. For me, it's not a big problem as we don't get a lot of rain, just heat at this time. Today it should be around 105. Can't wait for the winter. We're a strange lot really. The rest of the country looks forward to summer, while we, on the other hand, look forward to the cool of the winter.
105 - yikes!

A friend of mine has a girlfriend from Texas. She spends the summers here to get away from the heat, and he spends the winters there to get away from the cold! :laugh:

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Believe it or not, that is on an official national cycle route! :wacko:

Hardly anybody can ride up it. I have never tried but have a vague fantasy of doing it one day before I get too old. I would have to be at top fitness and do it at a time of year when the cobble stones are dry and do not have leaf mulch, mud, or moss on them.

There is an annual race up it, though most falter. This guy has a good go at it but doesn't quite manage it...

105 - yikes!

A friend of mine has a girlfriend from Texas. She spends the summers here to get away from the heat, and he spends the winters there to get away from the cold! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Wow!!!! Good for him. I take my hat off to him. My goodness that is far. I can only image that just a handful can fully complete it on the bike. Shame he didn't complete it riding. Next time.

Where I live is popular for winter visitors from other parts of the country. Our population expands leaps and bounds then. They bring money to our area, but boy does it clog up the streets. HAHAHA!!

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm sorry to hear about your surgery, and I do hope it all turns out for you. Those are very good supplements to take.
I tried glucosamine and chondroitin in the past, just made me feel sick. Unfortunately they won’t heal trashed cartilage and shredded meniscus. I’ve avoided surgery for 8 years so not bad considering the damage done

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

I tried glucosamine and chondroitin in the past, just made me feel sick. Unfortunately they won’t heal trashed cartilage and shredded meniscus. I’ve avoided surgery for 8 years so not bad considering the damage done

Sorry it made you sick. I assume that you took them with a meal. Well, perhaps if they made you sick, you didn’t take them long enough to obtain benefits. But, I don’t blame you for stopping. Not worth taking them if they don’t agree with you.

Another good product to take is Wobenzym. It’s also very good for joint health.

Top Bottom