May Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I always intend to watch The Wicker Man on May Day, which i might do later. Currently though, I'm listening to the OST :music:

postman

Legendary Member
May Day has turned out to be very profitable.I had a task of going through my wardrobe,choosing clothing for our jollies.i have been given instructions to purchase four each of the following.Polo shirts ,boxer shorts and white sport socks.:hyper:i am going spending.My wardrobe is quite good i just need a few extras to last sixteen days.It seems my cycling tops do not count as attire.I wonder if Titan Tours would object.Mrs P has locked herself in the 'office' i have strict instructions to keep out,she is doing Estas if that is the way to spell it.Look out America we are on our way.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm celebrating every bank holiday this year (and will do till I retire) I always had to work them, food industry doesn't stop for anything, (barring Xmas day) so I inevitably found myself at work while most other people were enjoying the day off.
It changed this year, I now don't work them...and its glorious :wahhey:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
May Day has turned out to be very profitable.I had a task of going through my wardrobe,choosing clothing for our jollies.i have been given instructions to purchase four each of the following.Polo shirts ,boxer shorts and white sport socks.:hyper:i am going spending.My wardrobe is quite good i just need a few extras to last sixteen days.It seems my cycling tops do not count as attire.I wonder if Titan Tours would object.Mrs P has locked herself in the 'office' i have strict instructions to keep out,she is doing Estas if that is the way to spell it.Look out America we are on our way.

Very nice !

We love the US and have travelled extensively. Did a month in California this past September. Off for a 3 destination trip in Dec as our next US trip. Like you - can’t wait.

Where are you off too, what’s planned and what’s on the itinerary ?

No, I'm not drowning after being struck by an iceberg during a trans-atlantic voyage to the new world. Or anything like it. I'm asking is there anyone out there in CycleChat land that celebrates May Day (?).

May Day - the first day of May - a European festival of ancient origins marking the beginning of summer - the Germanic Walpurgis Night - the Gaelic Beltane - the Welsh Calan Mai - and, close to my heart, the May devotions to the Blessed Virgin Mary - in times not long past we set out the prepubescent to frolic about the Maypole (whose Maypole?) - the International Workers Day since 1889 (though i am aware 2/3 of CC members haven't done a days work since are are pensionistas (yes, revolutionary brothers).

Is anyone celebrating May Day tomorrow?

It's a public holiday here, so I celebrated by taking a long weekend...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm celebrating every bank holiday this year (and will do till I retire) I always had to work them, food industry doesn't stop for anything, (barring Xmas day) so I inevitably found myself at work while most other people were enjoying the day off.
It changed this year, I now don't work them...and its glorious :wahhey:

I'm disappointed if i don't work them and have to have the day off... being paid double-time means a lot to me :okay:

Gwylan

Veteran
Took our bikes, picnic & primus. Cycle around a bit. Lunch, looking at Sheppey from a distance.
Then the primus and coffee al fresco

IMG_20230501_122045357.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Best way to see Sheppey in my opinion.
Best way to see Sheppey is very quickly and in a blindfold.

Isle of Grain is nicer, in an odd mix of industrial, village and maritime kind of way. Only half a mile from Sheppey if you can swim, otherwise a long ride round and onto the Hoo peninsula.

Top Bottom