May I name drop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matc

So, this morning was out on a route I often take (hills north of Lucca, Tuscany) when I was passed by a pack of three - feet going round very slowly compared to mine, as per usual. Mentally loaded up the usual excuses - buggers'll be half my age, been doing it since they were 3, and yeah, bet they haven't just climbed 350 metres. Not that being passed matters, no, not at all.

Did a double take. The bloke on the fluorescent green thing (couldn't see labels) was Super Mario. So, that's alright then. Being overtaken by Cipollini is just fine. And he raised a hand, good sort that he is.

wafflycat

Robbie McEwan cycled past me up a hill once.

As did half the TdF peloton that afternoon.

atbman

Veteran
I'm embarrassed to admit it but I used to name drop all the time, until a friend took me to one side and pointed out that I was making a complete prat of myself.

So I'd like to say a big thank you to my old mate Lance Armstrong

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I saw a film being made in Glasgow and in the scene they were filming, Ewan McGreagor had to cycle along a street very quickly towards the Merchant City.

We mere plebs had to stand back out of the way so that the shot wasn't ruin ....I mean enhanced by us!

I didn't see what kind of bike it was, other than it was a very dark coloured road bike. I think.
One wasn't looking too closely at the time, it was quite a distance away, and anyway, I wasn't interested in such things at the time, so you'll have to see the film to see what it was! (and then you can run out and buy the bike that a Jedi uses!
Maybe).

'The Last Word' I think the film was called.

GazK

Veteran
I did the "I'll go left, oh you're going left, I'll go right, oh you're going right" thing with Fiona Bruce at Swindon railway station this week. Not on a bike, you understand - that would be crazy.

stephec

Legendary Member
GazK said:
I did the "I'll go left, oh you're going left, I'll go right, oh you're going right" thing with Fiona Bruce at Swindon railway station this week. Not on a bike, you understand - that would be crazy.

Lucky boy. :becool:

lukesdad

Many many moons ago I got drunk one afternoon on bollinger in the garden of the compleat angler at Marlow with the "Duke" himself.

Greedo

Sorry for being pedantic but I don't think cycling by someone or meeting someone in a one off is name dropping.

If I knew for arguments sake Brad Pitt personally and every so often on posts on here I kept on saying "yeah me and Brad did this" " oh Brad said this" "Brad is buying this" then to me that's name dropping and being a name dropper!

I think today you just were cycled passed by a total legend

Top Bottom