May I name drop?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by matc, 24 Apr 2010.

1. matc

matc Well-Known Member

So, this morning was out on a route I often take (hills north of Lucca, Tuscany) when I was passed by a pack of three - feet going round very slowly compared to mine, as per usual. Mentally loaded up the usual excuses - buggers'll be half my age, been doing it since they were 3, and yeah, bet they haven't just climbed 350 metres. Not that being passed matters, no, not at all.

Did a double take. The bloke on the fluorescent green thing (couldn't see labels) was Super Mario. So, that's alright then. Being overtaken by Cipollini is just fine. And he raised a hand, good sort that he is.

2. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Robbie McEwan cycled past me up a hill once.

As did half the TdF peloton that afternoon.

3. TheKay

TheKay Über Member

Scooby Doo cycled past me once, it was most surreal and hilarious! :ohmy:

4. Jim

Jim Senior Member

Abiti a Lucca ?

5. PaulB

PaulB Guru

I hate people who name drop. I was only saying this to Elton John last week.

6. atbman

atbman Veteran

I'm embarrassed to admit it but I used to name drop all the time, until a friend took me to one side and pointed out that I was making a complete prat of myself.

So I'd like to say a big thank you to my old mate Lance Armstrong

7. Mad Doug Biker

Mad Doug Biker Bikeoholics Anonymous

I saw a film being made in Glasgow and in the scene they were filming, Ewan McGreagor had to cycle along a street very quickly towards the Merchant City.

We mere plebs had to stand back out of the way so that the shot wasn't ruin ....I mean enhanced by us!

I didn't see what kind of bike it was, other than it was a very dark coloured road bike. I think.
    One wasn't looking too closely at the time, it was quite a distance away, and anyway, I wasn't interested in such things at the time, so you'll have to see the film to see what it was! (and then you can run out and buy the bike that a Jedi uses!
    Maybe).

'The Last Word' I think the film was called.

8. GazK

GazK Senior Member

I did the "I'll go left, oh you're going left, I'll go right, oh you're going right" thing with Fiona Bruce at Swindon railway station this week. Not on a bike, you understand - that would be crazy.

9. stephec

stephec Legendary Member

Lucky boy. :becool:

10. GazK

GazK Senior Member

the stupidest part is, I got home and told my wife I bumped into Natasha Kaplinsky :becool:

11. lukesdad

lukesdad Guest

Many many moons ago I got drunk one afternoon on bollinger in the garden of the compleat angler at Marlow with the "Duke" himself.

12. Greedo

Greedo Guest

Sorry for being pedantic but I don't think cycling by someone or meeting someone in a one off is name dropping.

If I knew for arguments sake Brad Pitt personally and every so often on posts on here I kept on saying "yeah me and Brad did this" " oh Brad said this" "Brad is buying this" then to me that's name dropping and being a name dropper!

I think today you just were cycled passed by a total legend

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice