MBK, bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Now to display the depth of my ignorance in these matters. Who can explain the idea behind the configuration of the rear triangle and the bit that sicks out as a sort of extension of the top tube.
The bike looks in quite nice condition (and l like the colour) which shows just how superficial my taste is l suppose ^_^ (oh yes and the seller wants €100)
68972139_10211671534022929_6226888639947735040_n.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Its just a styling thing, although it was probably argued that it provided most stiffness in MBK's blurb. GT had (still have) a similar arrangement;

images.jpeg

p5pb9332282.jpg

It's become a bit of a trademark for them.

At that price buy it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Its just a styling thing, although it was probably argued that it provided most stiffness in MBK's blurb. GT had (still have) a similar arrangement;

View attachment 482759

View attachment 482761

It's become a bit of a trademark for them.

At that price buy it!
Hmm. contacted seller , its a 58cm frame and the price has gone up to €150 . so thats too high for me on both counts !

otek59

Shame that's the only MBK I've ever seen with that style frame.
Are you sure about the size?It looks much smaller to me, in fact about right for you.
I have exactly the the same style frame in my loft, the top tube extension has a grub screw for the seatpost I think it’s quirky and different and very French

Top Bottom