1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McEwen versus Cavendish

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by rustychisel, 18 Jun 2008.

1. rustychisel

rustychisel Well-Known Member

Your call... who's the most annoying tosspot?

2. tomb1960

tomb1960 New Member

McEwen

3. walker

walker New Member

Mcewan, Because he likes to deny he's English

4. Cavendish isn't English either, he's Manx

5. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Sprinters are crazy either way whomever they are!

6. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Neither. Both incredible athletes. Both aggressive sprinters. Both wound up straight after a sprint; when some dickhead reporter sticks a mike in their face they get a mouthful. SO what?

Both are also very charming and relaxed when off the job.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Agree with that Dave, to get a mic stuck in front of them just after a sprint is not the best of times to be cool, calm and collected. However McEwan does seem very hot headed at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. OP
    OP
    rustychisel

rustychisel Well-Known Member

Fair point Dave, I'll concede that totally. Robbie also likes to play little psychological games, I know.

9. yello

yello Guru

A lot of successful athletes are up themselves. It's part of the motivation, self belief drives them.

For me, McEwan shades it. But only because he's been around longer and has a decent track record of being a gobby little shite. Cavendish is the new kid on the block, is showing some talent in the arrogant twat line but can't match McEwan's palmares... yet.

10. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Give Cav time he may well come to surpass Robbie he has that face.

11. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

He's great!!

I'm a Cav fan. Support him. We have had years without a star to rally behind, don't start knocking them now they are finally appearing.

12. bianchiboy

bianchiboy New Member

Mark's been a bit like that since he raced in the under 16 catagory so you can't hold it against him! You need that kind of attitude anyway if you're going to be sprinting against the best in the world!

13. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I thought Cav showed some improved maturity and sportmanship in the Giro going out of his way to thank Bettini, Bennati and Zabel after various incidents. It was nice of him to gift that win to a team-mate too. It's a bit of a piss take but it made me larf when he pedalled past Cipo in California only using one leg!
    I've always had a soft spot for Robbie's style though too. It doesn't mean he's a nice bloke though!

14. bianchiboy

bianchiboy New Member

haha yes that was quite comical!