McEwen versus Cavendish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomb1960

McEwen

Dave5N

Über Member
Neither. Both incredible athletes. Both aggressive sprinters. Both wound up straight after a sprint; when some dickhead reporter sticks a mike in their face they get a mouthful. SO what?

Both are also very charming and relaxed when off the job.

Keith Oates

Janner
Agree with that Dave, to get a mic stuck in front of them just after a sprint is not the best of times to be cool, calm and collected. However McEwan does seem very hot headed at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

rustychisel

Fair point Dave, I'll concede that totally. Robbie also likes to play little psychological games, I know.

yello

A lot of successful athletes are up themselves. It's part of the motivation, self belief drives them.

For me, McEwan shades it. But only because he's been around longer and has a decent track record of being a gobby little shite. Cavendish is the new kid on the block, is showing some talent in the arrogant twat line but can't match McEwan's palmares... yet.

bianchiboy

Mark's been a bit like that since he raced in the under 16 catagory so you can't hold it against him! You need that kind of attitude anyway if you're going to be sprinting against the best in the world!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I thought Cav showed some improved maturity and sportmanship in the Giro going out of his way to thank Bettini, Bennati and Zabel after various incidents. It was nice of him to gift that win to a team-mate too. It's a bit of a piss take but it made me larf when he pedalled past Cipo in California only using one leg!
I've always had a soft spot for Robbie's style though too. It doesn't mean he's a nice bloke though!

Top Bottom