Mcr/Salford Commuters help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Oh dear, GWS. It can be iffy and a magnet for idiots and with some narrow stretches, hope she's ok.

Last Oldham cycle forum the council said the canal towpath up towards Rochdale from Hollinwood (MEN factory and Morrisons) would be getting an upgrade to make it cycle friendly. Don't know how far they've got with that but could be an alternative at the start before having to hop onto Oldham Road; I particularly don't like that new Hollinwood stretch, but its all pretty crap.

A quieter, but more meandering way you may consider is getting to there, heading across Mersey Road towards Failsworth, carrying on into Woodhouses, onto Clayton, Alan Turing way seg cycle lane, down Ashton Road to pass Piccadilly Station, along Aytoun St(Sackville St?) past the old Uni area and over towards Deansgate locks, then Liverpool Road past MOSI to get you into knocking distance of the A6 & Salford Uni. I prefer the bottom of Ashton Road to the bottom of Oldham road for less junctions and lights & Quieter and some better segregation until finishing Alan Turing way to hit there & I think crossing the city centre is a tad easier on a bike skirting the south side and Aytoun area, but its not as direct.

BEHMOTH66

in and around Manchester I go from Collyhurst through to Salford Everyday I do hit Trinity Way and then up Chapel street and the crescent. Chapel st is good bus land to cycle in and that carries on up the Crescent straight to the Uni

OP
OP
Hicky

Hicky

Guru
I've used the canal often and rode through the works over the years....out of interest the only piece left to do is from Middleton Junction up to Mills hills(normally boggy if its been raining) then the stretch at Boarshaw (100m or so)...thanks for the heads up.
It wont be needed now for a while due to self-gratification artist Qashqi driver.

Top Bottom