MD80 Cam (generic Muvi I think)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeltz

Veteran
I've just ordered one via Ebay, and need to get a card for it. By my calculations a 4gb card will hold all that a full charge can so are there advantages of going for an 8gb.

How does it store the video, (individual files or one large one) and what happens when the card's full?

TIA

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's the same one....went for a Class 6 card - faster. Ended up with 8gb as the 4gb wasn't available from 7dayshop.

My MD80 was £23 delivered.

Link......

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=41002

OP
OP
jeltz

jeltz

Veteran
As I understand it when you connect it to the PC it shows as a USB drive, does it then have individual files for each time you've pressed the start/stop or just one big file?

thomas

the tank engine
jeltz said:
As I understand it when you connect it to the PC it shows as a USB drive, does it then have individual files for each time you've pressed the start/stop or just one big file?

Individual. If it's anything like the muvi you'll find it will record in 30 minute segments. It won't auto start, so use the VOX function (i assume the MD80 has it?). With the VOX it will start recording again once it stops after 30 minutes (a second delay, if that).

Be sure not to turn the power off before pushing the button to stop recording/turning VOX mode off...as you'll loose the video.

RSV_Ecosse

How do these wee cameras cope with the rain?. I'm not expecting something as cheap as chips as this to be fully waterproof obviously, but are they ok with a bit of rain on a commute?.

Ta.

thomas

the tank engine
RSV_Ecosse said:
How do these wee cameras cope with the rain?. I'm not expecting something as cheap as chips as this to be fully waterproof obviously, but are they ok with a bit of rain on a commute?.

Ta.

I took mine out in mild rain once and when I got home I thought I'd broken it...turned out the reason there was no film was because I hadn't put the memory card in :laugh::biggrin:

I'm sure the camera is okay if it starts spitting, but there are a tonne of exposed slots and things so water would get into it really easily!

Not fully waterproof, but electricians tape over card slot helps.

Had mine in a few downpours - still working ok, but I always dry it after use.

RSV_Ecosse

Cheers folks. I 'spose if it started raining you could just stop and put the thing away in a pocket or rucksack.

I quite fancy getting one of these wee beasties. I was thinking about getting a Muvi but for the price this seems to be a better bet for a "gadget" that I might not use that much. :angry:

Noticed that most on eBay are coming from Hong Kong, are there any for a similar price available from UK sellers either on eBay or elsewhere does anyone know?. Last time I ordered an electronic gadget from Hong Kong not only did it take weeks to arrive, once it did it was well and truly "bricked". :laugh:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160370394183

Top Bottom