Me and the Pennine Italia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dbeattie

Über Member
We made it over to Maryhill to get a couple of springs for the quick release skewer. The old springs jumped away somehow. Wish I had worn thicker socks.
20170211_095504.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@dbeattie looks good and yes to thicker socks

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
Spoke gauge question...
Rear wheel: new rim and spokes. Polished the hub and it's all looking nice.
Tonight I took the front wheel apart. The hub and rim should polish up nicely. The spokes seem to be a lighter gauge than the new ones I laced onto the back wheel. Those were dt competition.
I would like to think I could make a wheel with those skinny spokes.
Anyone have an idea of what I should be looking for?
Terima kasih
Duncan

wonderdog

I took the Shimano mech off and put this one on together with a Suntour 5 speed freewheel I had in a drawer. Because old Suntour stuff is fab. View attachment 339717
Darn tootin' it is. Love the early Superbe stuff and the later pedals with the removable cages ... sealed bearings 'n all ... almost too modern for this thread. The original Superbe pedals were made by MKS IIRC

wonderdog

View attachment 337328
A thoroughbred Australian Merino Sheep.
Spanish in origin - a bloke called John Macarthur brought them to Oz. Probably as a side order to a couple of hogsheads of sherry.
You should try a Kiwi innovation - socks and other clothing using a yarn made out of merino wool and possum fur - exquisite! Possums are feral in NZ, introduced from Oz which is why they flog us at rugby. Kiwis VPO to this day over the destruction possums wreak on native species - flora and fauna.

GuyBoden

Guru
Spanish in origin - a bloke called John Macarthur brought them to Oz. Probably as a side order to a couple of hogsheads of sherry.
You should try a Kiwi innovation - socks and other clothing using a yarn made out of merino wool and possum fur - exquisite! Possums are feral in NZ, introduced from Oz which is why they flog us at rugby. Kiwis VPO to this day over the destruction possums wreak on native species - flora and fauna.

The Spanish Merino Sheep probably liked the temperatures in Oz more than the British bred sheep. Possum socks sounds nice too.:okay:

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
Next thing is replacing the handlebar wrap. The present situation has different direction on either side with sticky backed cloth tape. It's my intention to get some cotton tape on there with no adhesive and have it looking nice and functional too. Wish me luck.

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
I'm going to try brown and see how that looks first. Then I can see myself changing it once a week and ending up with black in a couple of months.

Top Bottom