Me butthead...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I did something stupid today. I'd stopped at some traffic lights, and was sitting there to go straight ahead on the major road, daydreaming a little, when I thought the lights had changed to green and pulled off. Queue a woman driving towards me from the minor side road. I beeped her on the AirZound, and gave her a "what do you think you're doing?" wave of the arm.

I look back, and the two vehicles at the same junction were still there, then I see that the lights in the other direction were red. Ooops!!! :biggrin::blush::biggrin::blush:

I think I must have been looking at the lights for the minor side road and gone on their green. Stupid me! I felt really guilty.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
We all make mistakes....

said the Dalek, climbing down off the dustbin. :blush:

nethalus

BentMikey said:
I did something stupid today. I'd stopped at some traffic lights, and was sitting there to go straight ahead on the major road, daydreaming a little, when I thought the lights had changed to green and pulled off. Queue a woman driving towards me from the minor side road. I beeped her on the AirZound, and gave her a "what do you think you're doing?" wave of the arm.

I look back, and the two vehicles at the same junction were still there, then I see that the lights in the other direction were red. Ooops!!! :blush::blush::biggrin::blush:

I think I must have been looking at the lights for the minor side road and gone on their green. Stupid me! I felt really guilty.

Don't tell anyone, but I once looked at the wrong set of lights and went through on red. I gave an Arriva driver coming across from the right a dirty look, as I thought he'd jumped the lights. A look back in the wing mirror confirmed it was me who was at fault. I'd looked at a secondry set of pedestrian lights instead of the main set that were for me!!:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
[Cab]So, not only did you make a critical early mistake, you followed this up with an almost lethal blast of compressed air. Not happy with this you also gave that driver a filthy look. People like you are a disgrace to our fine species and also give cyclists everywhere a bad name, especially those riding recumbents.[/Cab]

Don't worry Mikey we all make mistakes mate! :blush:

domtyler said:
[Cab]So, not only did you make a critical early mistake, you followed this up with an almost lethal blast of compressed air. Not happy with this you also gave that driver a filthy look. People like you are a disgrace to our fine species and also give cyclists everywhere a bad name, especially those riding recumbents.[/Cab]

Don't worry Mikey we all make mistakes mate! :blush:

not enuogh spilling and grmmar mistakes for cab, dom : )

I look back, and the two vehicles at the same junction were still there, then I see that the lights in the other direction were red. Ooops!!!

If I did that in my job it would be called a SPAD (Signal Passed at Danger)

....also I would get into a lot of trouble for doing that and do it too many times would cost me my job.

On the road I used to see cars do it regularly due to lack of concentration.I went through a spell at yelling at the offending car SPAD.

Not saying you weren't concentrating though.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I saw the lights again today, and I feel a bit better now. It turns out that some scrotes have turned one set of lights around by 90 degrees, so that's why I went. I should still have noticed, but at least it's a more understandable mistake now.

:laugh: Glad your ok Mike. I did that once in the car although I noticed after about 10 metres and sheepishly pulled back.

I assume you have reported the lights have been tampered with?

Pete

Remember doing it in the car, in one of those infuriating RIGHT TURNS GO FIRST filters (I was going straight on). What could be more natural, not paying full attention, seeing the car level with me to my right, pulling away, but that I should do the same? Realised after a few seconds, but now I was half way across the junction, blocking oncoming right-turners. Had to reverse. Felt a prat.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
magnatom said:
I assume you have reported the lights have been tampered with?

Oops, I wasn't going to, sheer laziness, but you've shamed me into reporting it.

LOL Hackers!! As if I'd ever claim something like that.

BentMikey said:
Oops, I wasn't going to, sheer laziness, but you've shamed me into reporting it.

You naughty, naughty boy! To be fair, I'm sure only a complete numpty would make a mistake because of the tampered lights........:ohmy:

Seriously they changed some light at Bethnal green so there were two aspects side by side.One to turn right and one to go straight on.The right handed ones used to clear first then go back to red then the straight route which I wanted used to clear to green.Almost had me...and a few motorists going when the right hand ones cleared till some bright spark put an arrow in the lights.

Top Bottom