Meal suggestions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm off to The Peaks tomorrow for a few days with some boozy, cycling carnivores and it falls to me to cook for the group on Saturday night. I've been through my regular repertoire over the years. Any suggestions for a relatively easy to cook dish?

ps ( must include meat)

Arch

Married to Night Train
As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with a great big Spag Bol...

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with a great big Spag Bol...

That is indeed true Arch but someone is doing chilli tomorrow and I thought that might be a bit samey?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
(Beef) Faggots, chips 'n mushy peas. Manna of the Gods.

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
That is indeed true Arch but someone is doing chilli tomorrow and I thought that might be a bit samey?

You could always replace the beef in the pasta sauce with chicken, or tinned tuna...

But I'll happily eat spag bol three times in a row, so having chilli one day would be like ringing the changes...

If you don't want a tomato based sauce, how about chicken in a creamy sauce (bechamel or cheese suace, or just in a load or cream), perhaps with some sweetcorn, carrots, peas etc. - on pasta, rice or mashed potato?

ChrisKH

Guru
Lasagne & Salad. Mmmnnnn I love Lasagne.

Or a nice hot Chilli with Doritos.

Or Enchiladas. Or Tortillas.

You see there's a bit of a theme here.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Chop some thick sausages into chunks, gently fry (or grill before chopping).
Gently fry onion/garlic. Add sausages, tinned toms, tin(s) of beans and a couple of tins of broad or borlotti bins and some chopped celery. Bung in the oven for 15-20mins on 180 or so. Serve with garlic bread or big hunks of decent wholemeal, or boiled tatties with butter on. Wash down with lots of red wine. Add crushed chillies when served if that floats your boat. Very easy, very tasty, very filling and makes you fart like Satan's trombone player. :blush:

ChrisKH

Guru
And my wife does an amazing lamb hotpot too. Admittedly there's a bit of prep but wack it in the oven and it's done.

If only I knew how to do it.

Top Bottom