Meal suggestions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

ChrisKH said:
And my wife does an amazing lamb hotpot too. Admittedly there's a bit of prep but wack it in the oven and it's done.

If only I knew how to do it.

lamb, Potatoes, chopped veggies, stick it in the oven.

bonj2

tuna steak, mixed with salsa sauce and pasta. dead nice. you can add avocados, grapes, walnuts, and any other pervy foods you can think of if you're that way inclined.
Mmm, yes might make it myself tonight actually if there's not a game on.

bonj2

oh, by the way if you want to seem like a professional chef, anything "on a bed of" something will automatically make them wonder how you did it. Egg noodles is a good one.

bonj2

bonj said:
tuna steak, mixed with salsa sauce and pasta. dead nice. you can add avocados, grapes, walnuts, and any other pervy foods you can think of if you're that way inclined.
Mmm, yes might make it myself tonight actually if there's not a game on.

oh forgot to say and you can cook tuna in a george formby if you've got one.

col

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Chop some thick sausages into chunks, gently fry (or grill before chopping).
Gently fry onion/garlic. Add sausages, tinned toms, tin(s) of beans and a couple of tins of broad or borlotti bins and some chopped celery. Bung in the oven for 15-20mins on 180 or so. Serve with garlic bread or big hunks of decent wholemeal, or boiled tatties with butter on. Wash down with lots of red wine. Add crushed chillies when served if that floats your boat. Very easy, very tasty, very filling and makes you fart like Satan's trombone player. :blush:

That too,but for me,without the celery,feeling hungry now:biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
bonj said:
:blush::biggrin::?:
btw "salsa" = Spanish for "sauce". Sorry to be a pedant, but these thibngs are important. So salsa sauce is as tautological as asking your LBS for a two-wheeled bicycle. xx(

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
bonj said:

What, while I'm cleaning windows?:blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oooh, now, what's the thing they usually have a big pan of at the York continental markets...

Can't remember the name..

Basically chunks of potato, onion, and chopped up bacon, all sauted and simmered in a cream and stock sauce in a huge frying pan.

Damn, what is it called?

bonj2

Fnaar said:
:blush::biggrin::?:
btw "salsa" = Spanish for "sauce". Sorry to be a pedant, but these thibngs are important. So salsa sauce is as tautological as asking your LBS for a two-wheeled bicycle. xx(

so is PIN number but you still say that. And anyway I'm not spanish.
We anglicise the language.
If I said I'm going to Munich, and a german person said "no, sorry to be a pedant but it's actually München" they'd be wrong because we're not in Germany - because Munich's the english version of the word, even though it refers to something that isn't english.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
bonj said:
so is PIN number but you still say that. And anyway I'm not spanish.
We anglicise the language.
If I said I'm going to Munich, and a german person said "no, sorry to be a pedant but it's actually München" they'd be wrong because we're not in Germany - because Munich's the english version of the word, even though it refers to something that isn't english.
Fairy nuff.... but i bet before a year is out, you will correct someone on the same point now the seed of knowledge has been planted :blush:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've got the bangers (local pork and leek) but the jury's out on B and mash or the casserole. I'm off soon so I'll decide later.

Top Bottom