...meanwhile in The Netherlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
While we put up with daily scenes like this
ML%20CASTLEWAY%2030.6.09_PD1593313_l.jpg

Bicyclist-killed-in-bus-crash-at-Olympic-Park-KF1VT60R-x-large.jpg

?type=articleLandscape.jpg

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Our Dutch friends have to put up with these horrific conditions
A-Dutch-family-rides-two--006.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
On the other hand, I was working in town on Tuesday and had the Maximus trike photographed by a Danish guy, who said he'd never seen anything like it in Denmark. Denmark! I thought they had everything!

Night Train

Maker of Things
This is just too horrible.......would anyone like to join me in lobbying the Dutch parliament to stop this senseless carry on
Would it mean having to be resident over there?:whistle:

Peteaud

Veteran
My wifes Sister lives just outside Amsterdam so we go there quite often.

Its not 100% as above but its very good.

I love the multi story bike park just outside central station.

My brother lived and worked in Holland for thee years and loved it. (I visited him twice and really loved it).

He had a mate there who was a copper, who told him that you can (unofficially, to a certain extent) drink and drive, be stoned whilst driving, even speed or drive through a red light, BUT IF you were to be involved in an accident with a cyclist, you could expect very heavy treatment indeed.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
On the other hand, I was working in town on Tuesday and had the Maximus trike photographed by a Danish guy, who said he'd never seen anything like it in Denmark. Denmark! I thought they had everything!

From what I remember of cycling in Copenhagen the split was about 50% sit up and beg and 50% bakerflet

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from my bowels

soulful dog

Veteran
Talking of bike parking and trying to find a space, as a comparison I popped into a B&M store in a retail park this morning. There no bike parking facilities in the car park, there isn't even a lamp post you can use to lock your bike to (as they have bollards on both sides of them to stop cars hitting them!), so I took my bike into the shop planning on leaving it next to the trolley park area. Got turfed out as bikes are not allowed inside.

snorri

Legendary Member
Got turfed out as bikes are not allowed inside.
That is terrible. Why not write to their head office describing the dreadful treatment you have received and suggesting they get some Sheffield Stands erected in order to imrpove their "green" credentials and encourage you to do business with them again?

Top Bottom