Measuring distance in cake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
OK, let's see if science can help at all with this conundrum.

Hard-ish riding consumes somewhere around 600 calories per hour. It varies, but that's a reasonable average. Let's assume you need to replenish those consumed calories in the form, exclusively, of cake. Now the problem is which cake? They all have different calorific values so this becomes a bit of a minefield. Me, I'm a carrot cake kinda guy so I'm going to assume that we all like carrot cake. I'm also assuming wel'll all go for the version with the buttercream in the middle.

Well, one slice of said 9 inch diameter carrot cake is about 850 calories. That's the fully-loaded fat boy carrot cake. This is about 1/10 of the cake which seems like a bit of a modest slice but there you go. So you need a slice of the cake about every 1hour 25minutes just to keep up with the calorie loss

But....what about the cappuccino I hear you cry. Well, a medium cappuccino, no choccy sprinkles, no sugar, full fat milk is about 163 calories. So if you have the cake and coffee, you can only stop once every 1hour 41minutes
Only a slice? I thought we were talking actual cakes. :ohmy:

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
OK, let's see if science can help at all with this conundrum.

Hard-ish riding consumes somewhere around 600 calories per hour. It varies, but that's a reasonable average. Let's assume you need to replenish those consumed calories in the form, exclusively, of cake. Now the problem is which cake? They all have different calorific values so this becomes a bit of a minefield. Me, I'm a carrot cake kinda guy so I'm going to assume that we all like carrot cake. I'm also assuming wel'll all go for the version with the buttercream in the middle
Ohhhh - carrot cake with buttercream in the middle. I am sitting in a puddle of my own drool!

Top Bottom