Mechanical doping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I wonder what happens when you have a mechanical and your €200k wheel is swapped out by neutral service?

Perhaps you do what the rider did in this case, and walk off the course with your bike... it turns out that Van Den Driessche is already seens as suspicious following her performance a few weeks back in the Koppenberg cross. You can read about it from the link below, but scroll down to look at the splits - nothing too remarkable on the downhill and flat, but the final one is her time up the steepest part of the course on the first lap - 10 seconds better than anyone else, including the best of the best. I think it's clear she's used this bike before whether or not she was using it this time...

https://cyclocrossrider.com/racing/worlds-motor-investigation

I wonder if she has managed to find a "friend" to admit to being the person responsible yet?

U

User169

I wonder if she has managed to find a "friend" to admit to being the person responsible yet?

Her excuse does at least have the plus side of being checkable. Likely a bit of a downside for her, although I'm imagining her father is some sort of comedy disguise.

Her excuse does at least have the plus side of being checkable. Likely a bit of a downside for her, although I'm imagining her father is some sort of comedy disguise.

The friend has been found, Nico Van Muylder
CaJtHIpUUAA6Oww.jpg

He no speaky.

He owns a chip shop!
Closed and the dog ain't sayin' nowt. Like his owner.

Citius

Yeh yeh, and she didn't spot the seat post/stem/bar width will most likely have been different lengths. He looks the same size as a 19 year old girl - I think not.

Not that I'm defending her, but it doesn't sound like you have understood the circumstances in which the bike was found..

Citius

I have and it was a spare, but no smoke without fire.

I think it's pretty clear that they found a bike with a motor - but as far as I can tell, the only thing linking it to her was that it was found in her pit, or her truck - not sure which.

Top Bottom