Mechanical imcompetence as usual - help required with V brakes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Lol, I'm thick but not that thick! The gear cables are routed under the downtube.

I;ve just told Bob (my hardtail) that he's got to prepare himself for unexpected duties tomorrow!

Night owd.

Stu

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

He'll be pleased anyhow - he was a bit put out that I abandoned him for the weekend's century.

Stu

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Last resort but what happens if you take up the slack in the cable by undoing the clamp bolt and pulling the excess cable through? Obviously you shouldn't need to but this might help diagnose the problem.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I wonder if its possible that youve fixed a previous snag somewhere thats freed up some cable. Im no expert but i cant think out how you could accidentally get extra cable.

Did you release the cable to get the wheel out just by pulling the noodle thing out of the brake arm?

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Hey - it's worked!!

Not entirely sure what or how, but I basically, loosed the clamp bold and pushed the whole inner cable so that the outer popped out of the front of the top tube. Then reseated it all and it is working.

So I guess thanks for those last two posts as in combination, they did the trick!

Cheers

Stu

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Glad it works, still makes no sense to me, guess it might be something to do with the internal routing? :smile:

Top Bottom