Meet Bruce!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
You're pretty handsome yourself Spokey!

He is an amazing animal. I loved Lemmy, but Bruce really loves me. I walk around the house and Mrs D remarks about the look in his eyes of real hero worship as he watches me. We go pretty much everywhere together and his gentle loving character is in no small part responsible for helping me recover from my recent wibble.

Said it before, but it bears repeating - Labs are astonishing creatures, intelligent, hardy, fun, affectionate, child safe, loyal...the best dogs in the world. Couldn't imagine life without one.

Mrs D runs a Rainbows and Brownies group and Bruce is their mascot. His GirlGuiding name is Landshark, a reference to police dog and me and Mrs D both being ex plod. At the end of every term I take him up to meet the kids and let them romp around with him in the village hall, which they all love. The kids know when he is due to visit and sneak in sausage rolls and stuff dpfor him. Out of my own pocket I but little bags of Christmas treats and Easter eggs which Landshark nominally delivers at the appropriate time of year, complete with reindeer antlers when approriate. These little 'uns have grown up with Bruce and remember me carrying him round the village as a wee pup and it's lovely to see him enjoying their company.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
He still loves his Daddy cuddles.

20230318_140642.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
You're pretty handsome yourself Spokey!

He is an amazing animal. I loved Lemmy, but Bruce really loves me. I walk around the house and Mrs D remarks about the look in his eyes of real hero worship as he watches me. We go pretty much everywhere together and his gentle loving character is in no small part responsible for helping me recover from my recent wibble.

Said it before, but it bears repeating - Labs are astonishing creatures, intelligent, hardy, fun, affectionate, child safe, loyal...the best dogs in the world. Couldn't imagine life without one.

Mrs D runs a Rainbows and Brownies group and Bruce is their mascot. His GirlGuiding name is Landshark, a reference to police dog and me and Mrs D both being ex plod. At the end of every term I take him up to meet the kids and let them romp around with him in the village hall, which they all love. The kids know when he is due to visit and sneak in sausage rolls and stuff dpfor him. Out of my own pocket I but little bags of Christmas treats and Easter eggs which Landshark nominally delivers at the appropriate time of year, complete with reindeer antlers when approriate. These little 'uns have grown up with Bruce and remember me carrying him round the village as a wee pup and it's lovely to see him enjoying their company.

That reminds me, one of our Scout leaders was an RSM in the Military Police, he had this search dog who was properly trained but couldn't enter service as he didn't get on with other dogs. No treats from him, but he used to get sent in to search the tents first thing in the morning in order to get us up.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Brings back nice memories of my old Bullmastiff that used to lie on my lap! absolute dead weight and he loved to dig his bony elbows into my thigh. Lovely bond to have though.

Gotta disagree there, GSD's are a far better hoond, just as clever, loyal etc,.........having had both and a black Lab/GSD 1st cross............but not only are they as good they look like woooolufffs

I agree
Had one for 12 years
wonderful dog - total wimp but by God she could bark
not exactly sure about the clever bit - in theory she was but she did do some damn stupid things!!!

still miss her - but at least I have proof there is no after life/ghosts
Every time I open a can of rice pudding i have a look around and there is not ghostly image of an Alsation
if ghosts were real she would come back from the dead for tinned rice pudding
so there's the proof

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
He still has his plums. As with Lemmy before him, he is a well behaved dog, fairly calm by Labrador standards so there has been no need to visit the man with the big scissors...not that I think it make much difference.

My one regret with Lemmy was that I never bred him and had one of his puppies. Won't make that mistake with Bruce - sooner or later I will have young Geddy to keep him company.

PS, the Eagle eyed among you will have noticed from the photos that I finally got the fireplace opened up. Was originally going for another wood burner but there is a substantial fire brick at r
the rear and it already does a magnificent job of heating the room.

Top Bottom