Mekk 4g sl primo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pally83

Über Member
I've got a set of MOst Wildcats with Conti GP4000s you can have for £150. Wheels have done about 500 miles and tyres about 200. Also includes an Ultegra 12-25 cassette.

PM me if interested.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
What kind of riding are you going to do? Is it hilly or flat?

OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

what i read online said that the MOst Wildcats arent very good? but ill consider it but its a bit much for me 150 buddy.

OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

i live in oldham so its mainly going to be hilly and not much flat until it warms up then im gonna try a few comps.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I would consider getting a compact chainset, that's usually 34 teeth on small ring and 50 on big. May help getting up hills, because you could struggle in a hilly area, when you are starting off. You could even consider a triple, for an even wider range. Of course, you may well climb like a wippet, who knows :smile: One of the Groupsets above mentions 39/53 which is a standard double, not a compact. Have a look online at the differences between road bike gearing, before ordering, imho.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
No - the groupsets will be very similar, just a few subtle changes, depending on which one you get. For example, you can get a Shimano 105 Triple groupset for pretty much the same price as a double, or compact double. Just pays to investigate a bit before splashing the cash. Different people will tell you different things about which variations they like or not. It's quite a personal thing. Could you perhaps test ride a few bikes and see which you get on with? If I was starting cycling and lived in a hilly area, I think I may well end up cursing the purchase of a standard double, but that's just me...

OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

i started cycyling last summer and did a bit over the summer months and i cycle to work 3x a week anyway. i mean its only 10 mins each way but its better than nothing.. i currently have a bike but its not all that, Viking San Marino 2011.

AndyRM

XOXO
Unless it's been altered, that's got a standard (39/53) double on it. You may find a compact a bit easier, but if you're coping with the standard I'd stick with it. Again though, this is personal preference.

pally83

Über Member
what i read online said that the MOst Wildcats arent very good? but ill consider it but its a bit much for me 150 buddy.

No probs. The wheels are sound but suffer because they're not as fancy as competitor offerings on similar bikes. I think it's a fair price with the tyres and cassette but no worries - just thought I'd try my luck.

Happy building anyway :-)

OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

$(KGrHqN,!jcFBlkVWuq7BQtpJif+Hw~~60_12.JPG

heres a picture of the bike, what the seller sent me.

Top Bottom