Mekk 4g sl primo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Earlier he said that the outer front ring was 'built in'. This is starting to confuse me...

AndyRM

XOXO
Right, so you have a chainset. That's a good start!

If the frame isn't set up for traditional (non-electronic) gear cables, you're stuffed (I believe). Unless you have a lot to spend on electronic kit to fit on the bike...

OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

any doesnt think i can use a standard groupset and cant afford the di2s

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Most frames that allow DI2 use, can accept mechanical gears too, the DI2 provisions are an "extra".

I would advise returning the frame and finding a complete bike OR take the frame to your LBS, tell them what level groupset you want and then leave it to them to source and fit everything. Then you can begin the learning curve of bike building and maintenance part by part as things wear out etc, rather than start out with zero knowledge and a full bike build on your hands.

Broadside

Guru
I think you have made a mistake in buying this frame and you should try to return it.

The first pic shows the bike equipped with Shimano electronic shifter kit, you can see the front derailleur is clearly electronic shift. As others have pointed out this means you cannot fit non electronic kit primarily as you do not have any downtube bosses to route the cables thru. You will end up with a bodge solution unless you go Ui2 but you need megabucks to do that.

My recommendation is to go back with a grovel to the seller and attempt to return the frame, or save up the £££'s for a Ui group set plus another few hundred for the finishing kit, wheels etc.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think you have made a mistake in buying this frame and you should try to return it.

The first pic shows the bike equipped with Shimano electronic shifter kit, you can see the front derailleur is clearly electronic shift. As others have pointed out this means you cannot fit non electronic kit primarily as you do not have any downtube bosses to route the cables thru. You will end up with a bodge solution unless you go Ui2 but you need megabucks to do that.

My recommendation is to go back with a grovel to the seller and attempt to return the frame, or save up the £££'s for a Ui group set plus another few hundred for the finishing kit, wheels etc.

Internal cable routing!

OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

thanks guys, next question... if i have tokeep the frame. do they have any cheaper internal cable routing gearsets coz my budget doesnt even come close to di2?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
All groupset's can be internally routed, all this refers to is the running of the cables through the inside of the frame rather than along bosses on the outside.

Top Bottom