Member Of The Year 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
magnatom said:
Most downright rude: Domtyler

:rolleyes:

You said it, Magnatom, :rolleyes::ohmy: I couldn't possibly comment.:rolleyes:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh my... I'm... Gosh... Well, thank you all so much.. Can I just thank my director, my producer, the cameraman, my Mum....

<carefully crafted tearful smile>

Gosh, I couldn't choose one, I think there would have to be categories. But there would have to be hundreds of categories to give everyone an award... And it's hard not to be too personal - I've benefitted from so many personal messages and virtual hugs over the last year, and recieved help with so many little questions and tasks - you all know who you are.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shaun has to have a big award for taking us all in and fitting the forum so carefully to our wishes. Will and others for organising jerseys.

Bravery awards to all those who've faced demons publicly this year, and by doing so helped us all to help them.

And the award for "Most dogged rants against the BBC, Al Gore and the UN" goes to....

arch for being just....arch :biggrin:
patrick for thinking the same way i do with his one-liners, normally filthy! :rolleyes:
fnaar for his innuendos i like to think i occasionally beat him to :rolleyes:
buggi for, well..:rolleyes:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch, who is basically everyone's mum and big sister, Patrick who is the lusty and slightly wayward uncle, Abitrary for making me laugh out loud, Bonj for entertainment value, Trusty for taking the innuendos up the tradesman's entrance and posting them through the flaps of your letter box, Graham56 for driving over to my gaff on a Sunday afternoon to have a look at my gas meter, Lord of the Teapot for best 1st post, oh and others too numerous to mention. However, this year's accolade must go to Shaun for accommodating the rush here following the demise of C+ and people's dissatisfaction with BikeRadar. If it wasn't for this place, we'd be either bickering with schoolboys on BR about knobbly tyres, or facing up to the realities of what our jobs actually should entail ;)
So Shaun wins for me... let's hear it for da man!:blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Don't we get a new set of cranks everytime there's a safespeed thread in Sopabox?;)

Fnaar: why? Is your gas meter particularly exciting? Does Graham56 collect them?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Bigtallfatbloke amazing weight loss and 4am rides. Respect
Magnatom 15 seconds of fame.
LOTTP for the tea.
Missing Keith Oates.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Bigtallfatbloke nuff said
Magnatom 15 seconds of fame.
LOTTP for the tea.
Missing Keith Oates.

frog

Shaun has to be top choice. When C+ had the failed personality transplant it was great to have the tunnel into here.

Chuffy, 'cos he a good laugh.

Flying Monkey, even though he's a very clever dude I can still almost understand what he says.

Bonj, I always wanted to know what oxygen deprevation would do to a brain and now I know.

Cyclebum, for sheer guts and inspiration. Who would start cycling with the first objective of doing the India ride. God knows what she try next year. :biggrin:

Arch, 'cos she likes horses, and owns half a sheep, and 'as a recumbent and 'elps little old ladies across the road and 'as buckets of old bones and stuff - but most of all because she's 'Arch' and there'll only ever be one of them . :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
frog said:
Arch, 'cos she likes horses, and owns half a sheep, and 'as a recumbent and 'elps little old ladies across the road and 'as buckets of old bones and stuff - but most of all because she's 'Arch' and there'll only ever be one of them . :biggrin:

I can hardly think of a more suitable epitaph.....:tongue:

Carwash and Chuffy make me laugh the most.
I have great sympathies with those people who have had a hard time this year and have had the courage to share it
Cathryn, Arch and buggi I'm sure you're all top birds in real life too...

Lets have a group hug (no funny business domtyler, patrick and no innuendo please AndyinSig)...

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Kirstie said:
Carwash and Chuffy make me laugh the most.
I have great sympathies with those people who have had a hard time this year and have had the courage to share it
Cathryn, Arch and buggi I'm sure you're all top birds in real life too...

Lets have a group hug (no funny business domtyler, patrick and no innuendo please AndyinSig)...

But Kirstie, there is simply no room for innuendo since you cleaned up your act. (Where's a wide-eyed and innocent logo when you need one?)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I was going to nominate all the girls as well...it's still a male dominated world (although you lot are a lovely bunch of males to be dominated by) so it's nice to get some female input as well - and I find Kirstie's optical photos quite inspirational as well.

I think BTFB has been fab, and Elmer's struggle against the demon drink continually humbles me. And Brock and Dayvo make me laugh lots.

Top Bottom