Member Of The Year 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graham56

Guru
I`ll nominate you all, after all without you this place wouldn`t be the same. Now how`s that for crawling. :becool:
Merry Christmas to one and all.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Fnaar: he's by far the funniest, Patricks great too, Arch is like a lickle babe :becool: wrapped up in cotton wool - I'm sure Id prob like the girl if I met her !..and I'll echo what most of others have said as they've put the finger on what I was thinking !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
At the risk of being boring...I like you all.
That's not to say that this place does not have it's fair share of fruit-cakes, but I don't think that there is anybody here I would not like to take a beer with.

I'd also like to add to an earlier comment (from the fair Arch maybe) regarding those who for whatever reasons have deemed this a good place to share their demons. There has been a lot of TLC shown in responses to such posts that restores faith in the human condition. Respect in particular to Jacomus and Elmer, well done you guys and keep up the fight.

My day is richer for the words you write.

I'm occasionally useful. Rock on. :becool::biggrin::becool:

Hmmmmmmm. Where does a chap start? There are the usual suspects and bad smells carried over from C+, which gave this place an air of comfortable familiarity from the off (you know, Yendodd, Stevens, Arch etc. Bless everyone of your tiny pink piggies). I have to say that the poster who really got me hooked, kept me coming back for more and always had me hooting with delight and derision is <drum roll> BONJ! I almost miss the demented little gibbon of old, now that he's all grown up and sensible. The 'Horse Riding Isn't Exercise' thread is something I shall always treasure. :biggrin:

Oh and of course, Abitrary. Although I think I worry him on account of not being a girl. :biggrin:

bonj2

yeah, 'spose Arch is alreet.nominate 'er for a new set of knitting sticks/bats/poles/whatever they're called.

cheers for the votes for me, if i'm getting a prize i could do with some new shifters. and handlebars. ;) and a trackpump actually aswell. ta. :cry:;)

Abitrary for sheer surreality value.

Rhythm Thief said:
It was meant as a compliment, 'onnist.
Taken as such RT, no worries. ;)

papercorn2000

*being serious* I nominate stilleyedalex for a lucid and eye-opening posts descibing how it is to live with an ASD */no longer serious*

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
yeah, 'spose Arch is alreet.nominate 'er for a new set of knitting sticks/bats/poles/whatever they're called.

Bonj, you get my vote just for coming up with the idea of knitting bats.... LOL!:?: I will always call 'em that from now on!

Arch

Married to Night Train
trustysteed said:
you can now hoik a jumper over long off, arch!

Form what I've heard on the sprts reports today, I might be more effective thanthe current team... Orders for cable tanktops for the next cricket season please!

Abitrary

Spindrift - Reading his posts on this (and many other sites) it's good to see someone getting political, sticking their neck out etc., and makes me hope I'll do it a bit more in the future as well. May he go on.

Bonj - For being the catalytic glue uniting the squares and the hepcats

Tetedelacourse

Firstly, Admin is exempt from this poll otherwise he'd win hands down.

I think of this place in the divisions that define it. There's the commuting posters, the cafe posters, the racing posters, the soapbox self-gratification artists etc.

Folk who spring to mind for me, who I see as trusty companions in the peloton, in no particular order:

Papercorn
Alecetc
Domtyler
Fnaar
Dayvo
Andywrx
Mickle
Quickdraw
Pete
BentMichael
Keith O
Steve Austin
Jac RG
Magnatom, Tynan and Cab equally and reassuringly consistent in very different ways

But my member of the year is Elmer. Good on yer mate. I didn't know it was possible to respect someone called Elmer Fudd whom I've never met until this year.

Top Bottom