Memorable World Cup Moments?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Ok, so the final has not happened just yet, but what has been your most memorable moments of this World Cup so far?

For me, there are a many, but my top 5 is...

1. The van Bronckhorst goal (awesome)

2. The greatest player in the tournament (Messi) didn't score

3. The french team strop (aka Le Flounce)

4. The two out right cases for goal line technology that made Sepp Blatter look like a royal arse

5. The fact there will be a new world champion

Vidor06

Long term loafer
What were the 2 cases for goal line technology? Obviously I remember the Lampard one but what was the other?

For me the highlight/lowlight of the tournament has been the French implosion. How such high paid individuals could have such disrespect for their nation is unfathomable. There are kids all over the world who would give everything they have to represent their local club never mind their country and those French boys were an absolute disgrace.
I must throw in a word for the apparent behaviour of all the fans, who to a man seem to have behaved impeccably.
I must also give notable mention to the stadiums which are magnificent. I only hope they do not lie idle and rot in the future.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Vidor06 said:
What were the 2 cases for goal line technology? Obviously I remember the Lampard one but what was the other?

Apologies, I meant Goal confrimation technologies in general not just goal line... the other was Tevez being 1/2 a mile offside and turning the Mexico Game.

montage

God Almighty
Wigsie said:
Ok, so the final has not happened just yet, but what has been your most memorable moments of this World Cup so far?

For me, there are a many, but my top 5 is...

1. The van Bronckhorst goal (awesome)

2. The greatest player in the tournament (Messi) didn't score

3. The french team strop (aka Le Flounce)

4. The two out right cases for goal line technology that made Sepp Blatter look like a royal arse

5. The fact there will be a new world champion

vuvuzeulas

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The World Cup is no longer the pinnacle of Football - a middle of the table Premiership team would have beaten Spain last night.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
accountantpete said:
The World Cup is no longer the pinnacle of Football - a middle of the table Premiership team would have beaten Spain last night.

A load of Jabulani's! ;):laugh::biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
1. The vuvuzelas and all the nonsense about them being culturally important (don't ever give South Africa another sporting tournament ever again).
2. Lowest standards of football ever in a world cup.
3. The cheating Mr Neuer and a rather inept Uruguayan linesman.
4. Italy v Slovakia
5. Ronaldo's walk into the goal vs North Korea

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Maradona - quality entertainment.

ChrisKH

Guru
My prediction of a 3-1 win for Germany against Holland in the final.

WTF happened to Germany??? I'm not sure what's worse; being dumped out after getting right to the semis and performing really well until then, or being dumped out earlier after performing badly. Germany clearly had the potential but messsed up. England never had the potential.

Top Bottom