Memory foam pillows. Any experience? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I hate them, hot and not comfy, i tend to hear my pulse banging in my ear when lying on them.

Be prepared to bin after first night.

You may like them but i dont notice hotels using them, so maybe there a gimmick
The quality latex ones are not hot at all. They have a cotton cover and go into normal housewife pillow cases

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Yeah, latex pillows are excellent

icowden

Veteran
We use the Tempur ones which I find very comfy and better than ordinary pillows.
They can get a little warm, but I just keep flipping the pillow. Very long lasting too (I think ours must be 12+ years old).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
“Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow”, apparently
From what I can recall (my memory isn't what it used to be... :whistle:), they tend to get a bit warm too! :laugh:

Fortunately, lots of corner shops sell pillows...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I don't like memory foam pillows. They feel strangely constraining. We've got feather and down on the top and slimmer synthetic jobbies underneath. I've never had any trouble sleeping.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a mix, not really found something I'm dead happy with since breaking my back. Expensive feather, standard ones, memory foam etc etc. I have about 4 I swap about. Mattress, then it's a Tempur, can't sleep on anything else now.

I’ve found that the main advantages of my memory foam pillows are that they regulate heat much more effectively than any other pillow I’ve tried, and they automatically mould to the profile of my head and neck, and retain that profile much more effectively. The upshot is that I find them far more comfortable than other types of pillow. As long as the pillow is an actual memory foam pillow, and not a cheapo one, which has a layer of memory foam, over a standard foam centre, these are horrible, and don’t work well at all. You get the worst attributes of both type of pillow, and more expensive than the very cheap foam type.

Last edited:
Top Bottom