Men are Better than Women at Cycling...when Really Pissed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I wasn't sure on the best forum for this; Health or maybe Special Interests, I dunno.

Anyway it's good to know in this frivolous day and age that important study is still taking place by back-room boffins interested more in real issues than loony lab stuff that no one cares about.

This research could explain why one forum member has cycled into the same bush twice when tired and emotional.

http://road.cc/content/news/150549-study-men-safer-saddle-women-when-extremely-drunk

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I would like to answer this after the 18th and a weekend with @hopless500 and her beer monster other half and the ride back from the pub. Two females and one bloke, l
i will let you know who is the competant rider then.:laugh:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I notice that the article does not clarify some parameters. It does not declare whether the participants were cyclists or just normal (?) people.

Perhaps there was a higher percentage of "whippet thin, mountain climbing sprinters" in the group of males. Also those males might have had more practice at cycling while drunk.

Whereas the females, being of a more sensible disposition, had no prior learning of cycling drunkly.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I wasn't sure on the best forum for this; Health or maybe Special Interests, I dunno.

Anyway it's good to know in this frivolous day and age that important study is still taking place by back-room boffins interested more in real issues than loony lab stuff that no one cares about.

This research could explain why one forum member has cycled into the same bush twice when tired and emotional.

http://road.cc/content/news/150549-study-men-safer-saddle-women-when-extremely-drunk
Roughly how many pints of Jaipur IPA would result in a blood alcohol level of 1.43g/kg for an average-sized person?

ayceejay

Guru
I knew a bloke who put a drop of whisky in his water bottle "so it wouldn't taste like water" he said. I once saw him do a dive over the handlebars after hitting a rock on the trail, and landing in some nettles, he got up and got straight back on the bike. "Didn't feel a thing".

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Roughly how many pints of Jaipur IPA would result in a blood alcohol level of 1.43g/kg for an average-sized person?
I'm 76 kg and have about 5700ml of blood. The drink drive limit is 80mg ethanol per 100ml of blood. That means that when I have 4.56g of ethanol in my body, I'm probably going to fail a blood test. 4.56g of ethanol (total) equates to 0.06g/kg for me. If my blood alcohol was 1.43g/kg, I would be 24 times the drink drive limit.....

....about 35 pints of Jaipur IPA.:cheers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom