Men in tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
A trip to Decathlon ended up rather expensive. Decided that I needed some pukka cycling attire. Tried the tights out this afternoon noticed that the padded thingy tends to get stuck on the end of the saddle sometimes. I imagine it's just a matter of getting used to it?

Went for a spin round my training route and knocked off a couple of minutes - either the new aero-clothing works wonders or my fitness is improving. A bit of each I guess. At least I look the part now I have ditched the tracky bottoms and bike clips!

I could get used to wearing tights. They feel quite liberating in a cheeky sort of way...

Cheers Richard

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it won't be long before you're shaving your legs and wearing make up :girldance:

simmi

Über Member
A trip to Decathlon ended up rather expensive. Decided that I needed some pukka cycling attire. Tried the tights out this afternoon noticed that the padded thingy tends to get stuck on the end of the saddle sometimes. I imagine it's just a matter of getting used to it?

Went for a spin round my training route and knocked off a couple of minutes - either the new aero-clothing works wonders or my fitness is improving. A bit of each I guess. At least I look the part now I have ditched the tracky bottoms and bike clips!

I could get used to wearing tights. They feel quite liberating in a cheeky sort of way...

Cheers Richard
I find the tights can drop a bit and snag the saddle.
So it's bibs all the way for me,
and remember to remove your undercrackers:thumbsup:

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Also a thing I learnt quickly and have never forgotten, is once you go commando which should be every time make sure you wear your cycling shorts under the (if you can still get them?) knitted style tights as they do go see through in certain conditions which is never a good look!!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
This thread really needs pictures. :laugh:

Radchenister

Veteran
What it really needs is a musical number:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmbZnXSQ7k

Lyrics:
We're men, we're men in tights.
We roam around the forest looking for fights.
We rob from the rich and give to the poor, that's right!
We may look like sissies, but watch what you say or else we'll put out your lights!
We're men, we're men in tights,
Always on guard defending the people's rights.
[The Can-Can Chorus Line]
We're men, MANLY men, we're men in tights.
Yes!
We roam around the forest looking for fights.
We rob from the rich and give to the poor, that's right!
We may look like pansies, but don't get us wrong or else we'll put out your lights.
We're men, we're men in tights
TIGHT Tights
Always on guard defending the people's rights.
When you're in a fix just call for the men in tights!
WE'RE BUTCH!

Lanzecki

Über Member
Cycling tights are good but wait til you try bib-tights... Takes it to another level ;)
And you can't resist the Freddy mercury impersonation when you see youself in the mirror with them on.

My secret is out. You don't work in Adrenalin sports in Newcastle West do you? Last time I was in there I got funny looks from the salesman whe I said I much preferred unpadded bib-tights....

Top Bottom